Diego Díaz Clonix & NoV Modules - HHC2020 Presentation
08-12-2020, 02:46 AM
Diego Díaz Clonix & NoV Modules - HHC2020 Presentation
Since the HHC2020 physical meeting has been cancelled, the virtual meeting has not been confirmed yet and that Diego
will soon release a new version of his Clonix & NoV Config Utility, I am publishing the presentation I was planning to give.
It covers all the modules (current and discontinued) and also gives some support information, hope you like it.
You can find it in the article section HERE.
Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2020, 09:58 AM
RE: Diego Díaz Clonix & NoV Modules - HHC2020 Presentation
Great work Sylvain,

Wonderful overview of much more than Clonix!

Regards, Meindert
08-12-2020, 02:48 PM
Fantastic presentation.

For the record: "Wow!" I had no idea the HP-41 module support was that great. Being a 15c user I have always been tempted by the "Alpha" and these open up a world of possibilities.

The wife will have the news broken gently.

Thank-you!
Bill
08-12-2020, 05:30 PM
Thank you both.

(08-12-2020 02:48 PM)BillBee Wrote:  I had no idea the HP-41 module support was that great. Being a 15c user I have always been tempted by the "Alpha" and these open up a world of possibilities.
The wife will have the news broken gently.
Poor her, she does not know what's coming. Wink ... as my wife when I started my second collection in October 2011. LOL

I always try to present something that users can buy, discover and/or use.

Presentations:
Code:
HHC2016  41CL  ROM cleanup and FOCAL based Flash update  (also presented at Allschwil 2016)
HHC2016  71B   Compendium
HHC2017  41CL  ROM based Flash update                    (also presented at Allschwil 2018)
HHC2018  IL    Compendium                                (also presented at Allschwil 2018)
HHC2020  41C   Diego's HP-41 Modules                     (HHC2020 cancelled, virtual unknown & cannot go to Allschwil 2020)

In January I had to decide what I will present this year at HHC and Allschwil.
I had several choices, but Diego's modules standout because there were still available and I knew them, well ... that is what I thought at the time.

Since I am lucky enough to have these modules in my collection, I was the perfect person to do this presentation.
Code:
Clonix : Clonix 41 (Silver), Clonix 41 (Gold) & Clonix-D (x2)
NoVRAM : NoVRAM, NoV-32, NoV-64 (x3) & NoV-64d (x3)
USB-41 : USB-41 (x2)
Special: Clonix 41 10th Annversary Edition #3 (which include one Clonix 41d and one NoV-64d)

My second goal of doing this was to have a better understanding of the modules capabilities.
After spending 200+ hours since January on this project I can now say that I truly understand the behaviour of these modules.

I will update the presentation to add ClonixConfig v6.X and the new programmer when available.

There is one other HP-41C jewel that I have and never spent time to completely understand, the incredible MLDL2000.
Now this is a great subject for a in depth presentation, if only it was still available or that a new version was created, MLDL202X ? ... just teasing you Meindert. LOL

Project queued are:
Code:
Tiding up my HP collection.
Updating HP-71B Compendium.
Updating HP-IL  Compendium.
Completely understanding my MLDL2000.
Repairs: Card Reader (x8) gummy wheels & dampers, HP-41 mushy keys, etc
... the list is endless ...

Sylvain
08-13-2020, 07:10 AM
Quote:There is one other HP-41C jewel that I have and never spent time to completely understand, the incredible MLDL2000.
Now this is a great subject for a in depth presentation, if only it was still available or that a new version was created, MLDL202X ? ... just teasing you Meindert. LOL

Just let me knpow, more than happy to help you out.

And yes, I am tempted every now and then and have some ideas, but this would be a team effort this time. Biggest challenge is the housing, so if someone can come up with a 3D printed cardreader-like housing then maybe ...

Regards, Meindert
08-13-2020, 07:10 AM
Hi Sylvain,

As I have told you a number of times along the past months, and I'm glad to say now publicly, this is an outstanding job both in the level of the details and the quality of the presentation.

My wholehartedly thanks for the effort and dedication you've put on this compilation.

Sure every Clonix/NoV owner out there will find it extremely useful to get the most out of their modules and 41s systems.

Keep up enyoing your hobbies and best of lucks with your future projects.

Cheers from the Canary Islands.

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."
08-13-2020, 02:28 PM
(08-13-2020 07:10 AM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  
Quote:There is one other HP-41C jewel that I have and never spent time to completely understand, the incredible MLDL2000.

Just let me knpow, more than happy to help you out.

And yes, I am tempted every now and then and have some ideas, but this would be a team effort this time. Biggest challenge is the housing, so if someone can come up with a 3D printed cardreader-like housing then maybe ...

I would be happy to help out. Can you send me dimensions and photos of what goes inside. I will work on a 3D model for you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2020, 01:18 PM
Quote:I would be happy to help out. Can you send me dimensions and photos of what goes inside. I will work on a 3D model for you.

Thanks for the offer. Let me consider the next steps and I will get in touch

Regards, Meindert

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)