Getting the name of current X-File
08-08-2020, 01:59 AM
Getting the name of current X-File
Hi guys!

I was trying to find a way to discover the name of "current" X-File and could not see any function that recover its name.
Does anyone know if using M-Code this usefull funcion could be created? I know - if I'm not wrong - that the HP-41 keeps register of which is the current x-file somewhere.

Why I need this? Because I'm trying to use my routines for keeping data registers (numbered and named ones) in X-files together with my menus routines, improving them to also use their own 40 registers (!) into named registers (or numbered ones) in x-files, and it will be neccessary to change the current x-file frequently, saving the actual name for restoring it before leaving routines.

Any help, please? CCD function?
Best wishes!
Artur

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2020, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2020 03:40 PM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: Getting the name of current X-File
you can use the function WORKFL available in several of my modules, like the RAMPage and PowerCL Modules, see manuals here.
08-13-2020, 05:36 PM
(08-13-2020 03:40 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  you can use the function WORKFL available in several of my modules, like the RAMPage and PowerCL Modules, see manuals here.

Hi, Angel

I'll see the documents. I don't have neither of these modules, but I have on NovRAM. I tried to load into it the Advantage module, using just the V41 emulator, pilbox, cassete and so on, with no success. I'll try with your modules.

By the way, your modules are not phisical modules, they exist only in code to be loaded in NovRam, Clonix or new 41CL, isn't it?

I'm sorry, but HP41 system is a way more advanced than my poor brain...

Best wishes and many thanks!
Artur

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
08-14-2020, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2020 05:27 AM by Ángel Martin.)
(08-13-2020 05:36 PM)Artur - Brasil Wrote:  By the way, your modules are not phisical modules, they exist only in code to be loaded in NovRam, Clonix or new 41CL, isn't it?

That's correct, the can be easily installed on the 41CL, MLDL_2k, Clonix/Nov and the DM41X
Cheers,
ÁM
06-04-2021, 03:51 PM
Hi, Angel!
Finally I got the PIC programmer and could load the LIB4 and your RAMPAGE'X modules into my NOVRAM module.
Great work of Diego and yours!

Well, in RAMPAGE module, I'm first interested on WORKFL function, which returns the name of X-Memory working file, and some ALPHA functions.
Functions like PEEKR, POKER, RAMED and other very advanced functions are not for my user's level on HP41. It's more like I'll crash my calculator using them as a basic user.
It would be possible and not extremely difficult to me mount my own module with more "basic" functions, like arithmetic RCL, return stack backup and recall, and others?

Best whishes!
Artur

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)