Problem with the HP connectivity kit
07-19-2020, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2020 06:09 PM by cahlucas.)
RE: Problem with the HP connectivity kit
(07-15-2020 02:44 AM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  
(07-14-2020 10:08 PM)cahlucas Wrote:  Dear Mr. Michaud,
Unfortunately, this also failed. I don't know how it is possible, but the icon is still from function. The icon that is installed is really that of SLK. After I reinstalled everything I reset the calculator, but that didn't work either. What can we do about this? The possibilities are now shrinking. I hope to hear something soon. Sincerely, Karel.

Hi Karel
Can you describe to me in some detail what you did while you performed the FCO reset from the link and Post #10, at the point where, after you inserted the pin in the pinhole at the back of the calculator while holding the three keys F C O and the screen went black then turning on again? what did you do next? What did you tap next on the screen?

Thanks Bernard
Dear Mr. Michaud,
Sorry for the late response. I have not copied the zip file because it contains both spanish and english versions, and I don't know what will happen if I copy it in this form. That is why I took the English language directory and dragged it to the content window. But the icon in that directory is the correct one, so why isn't it displayed? From the response of Mr. Wessman I understand that this is the normal way to install an app. So how do I fix this? Sincerely, Karel.

I use HP-16C, WP-34S emulator, HP-35s, HP-48GX, HP-50g, and HP Prime G2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2020, 02:33 AM
Quote:That is why I took the English language directory and dragged it to the content window. But the icon in that directory is the correct one, so why isn't it displayed? Karel.

1- Do not Tap the icon. Highlight the SLK icon and press [Delete]

2- Take the SLK.hpappdir_English.zip you placed into the Content Window and drag/drop it on top of >[:::]Application Library.

3- Open the v [:::]Application Library and check the list to see if you now have the proper SLK Icon.

4- If Yes tap the SLK icon and the program should start.

Bernard
07-20-2020, 09:19 PM
(07-20-2020 02:33 AM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  
Quote:That is why I took the English language directory and dragged it to the content window. But the icon in that directory is the correct one, so why isn't it displayed? Karel.

1- Do not Tap the icon. Highlight the SLK icon and press [Delete]

2- Take the SLK.hpappdir_English.zip you placed into the Content Window and drag/drop it on top of >[:::]Application Library.

3- Open the v [:::]Application Library and check the list to see if you now have the proper SLK Icon.

4- If Yes tap the SLK icon and the program should start.

Bernard
Dear Mr. Michaud,
I don't know what your download of SLK looks like, but I don't have SLK.hpappdir_English.zip. What I have is SLK41b.zip. When I unpack that, I get a directory called SLK 4_1b_Eng_Esp. It contains 2 directories, called "English" and "Espanol". An SLK.hpappdir exists in the English folder. It seems to me that dragging SLK41b.zip to the application library can cause at least an uncertain response. In addition, I must note that the correct icon is installed on the Prime, as can be seen in my response number 16. And that's why I still wonder why the Function icon is visible. A paperclip warmstart has no result. Sincerely, Karel.

07-21-2020, 02:35 AM
Quote: It contains 2 directories, called "English" and "Espanol". An SLK.hpappdir exists in the English folder. It seems to me that dragging SLK41b.zip to the application library can cause at least an uncertain response. In addition, I must note that the correct icon is installed on the Prime, as can be seen in my response number 16. And that's why I still wonder why the Function icon is visible. A paperclip warmstart has no result. Sincerely, Karel.

Ok, you are trying to install the new version SLK 4.1b.
You have a "Function" icon on your screen instead of the "SLK" icon.
The new version is zipped and contains the English and Spanish versions.
Unzip the downloaded file. Choose English or Spanish version.
Both versions are called SLK.hpappdir and this is why you cannot load the zip file directly into the >Aplication Library.

Now, which version do you want to install? Whichever one you choose, the procedure will be the same.
Assuming you want to install the English version.
First, you have to get rid of the "Function" icon from the screen. This is what we call a Ghost app.

Perform the Factory Reset below.

1- Hold your Calc securely with your THUMB and PINKY finger while pressing and holding the three keys F C O with your Ring, Middle and Index fingers. It is very important that you do not let go of any of the three F C O keys until the process is over.
2- Turn Calc sideways and push a paper clip into the RESET hole at the back of the Calc then release the clip and wait until the screen lights up before you release the three F C O keys. You may have to practice this reset a few times before you get it right.

if you are successful, the EA656 DIAGNOSTIC screen will be displayed.
1-Press 4. FLS Utility. The screen will change to FLASH UTILITY.
2-Press 3 to highlight 3. Format Disk C, followed by [Enter] and wait until the screen returns to FLASH UTILITY.
3-Press [ESC] to return to EA656 DIAGNOSTIC screen.
4-Press C. POWER OFF MODE (NOT 9. RESET) to exit EA656 DIAGNOSTIC.
5- Link back to your CK via (USB) and re-INSTALL the Programs and Apps you previously deleted.
6- Install the SLK of your choice English or Spanish.

Bernard
07-21-2020, 09:15 PM
(07-21-2020 02:35 AM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  
Quote: It contains 2 directories, called "English" and "Espanol". An SLK.hpappdir exists in the English folder. It seems to me that dragging SLK41b.zip to the application library can cause at least an uncertain response. In addition, I must note that the correct icon is installed on the Prime, as can be seen in my response number 16. And that's why I still wonder why the Function icon is visible. A paperclip warmstart has no result. Sincerely, Karel.

Ok, you are trying to install the new version SLK 4.1b.
You have a "Function" icon on your screen instead of the "SLK" icon.
The new version is zipped and contains the English and Spanish versions.
Unzip the downloaded file. Choose English or Spanish version.
Both versions are called SLK.hpappdir and this is why you cannot load the zip file directly into the >Aplication Library.

Now, which version do you want to install? Whichever one you choose, the procedure will be the same.
Assuming you want to install the English version.
First, you have to get rid of the "Function" icon from the screen. This is what we call a Ghost app.

Perform the Factory Reset below.

1- Hold your Calc securely with your THUMB and PINKY finger while pressing and holding the three keys F C O with your Ring, Middle and Index fingers. It is very important that you do not let go of any of the three F C O keys until the process is over.
2- Turn Calc sideways and push a paper clip into the RESET hole at the back of the Calc then release the clip and wait until the screen lights up before you release the three F C O keys. You may have to practice this reset a few times before you get it right.

if you are successful, the EA656 DIAGNOSTIC screen will be displayed.
1-Press 4. FLS Utility. The screen will change to FLASH UTILITY.
2-Press 3 to highlight 3. Format Disk C, followed by [Enter] and wait until the screen returns to FLASH UTILITY.
3-Press [ESC] to return to EA656 DIAGNOSTIC screen.
4-Press C. POWER OFF MODE (NOT 9. RESET) to exit EA656 DIAGNOSTIC.
5- Link back to your CK via (USB) and re-INSTALL the Programs and Apps you previously deleted.
6- Install the SLK of your choice English or Spanish.

Bernard
Dear Mr. Michaud,
I performed this procedure earlier this month, and also no result. At that time I also had a Ghost app, which I wanted to delete. I followed the steps that you published earlier in this thread. The Ghost app disappeared, the Function icon remained. So what's left to try? I don't think it will change on its own. I hope to hear from you. Sincerely, Karel.

07-23-2020, 12:52 AM
Quote:So what's left to try?

Try this: Once you have installed the version of SLK whether English or Spanish,
connect you calc. to the CK and open >Aplication Library open >SLK open >files.
Right-Click on icon.png and X Delete.
Right-Click on V Files folder again and select Add App icon.
Goto your Connectivity Kit folder and find a previous version of SLK and open it.
Click on icon.png and the icon will be transferred to the V Files folder in the CK.
Click on the Diskete Icon to save the program to your Calc.
There may have been a corrupted icon.png.

Bernard
07-23-2020, 09:29 PM
(07-23-2020 12:52 AM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  
Quote:So what's left to try?

Try this: Once you have installed the version of SLK whether English or Spanish,
connect you calc. to the CK and open >Aplication Library open >SLK open >files.
Right-Click on icon.png and X Delete.
Right-Click on V Files folder again and select Add App icon.
Goto your Connectivity Kit folder and find a previous version of SLK and open it.
Click on icon.png and the icon will be transferred to the V Files folder in the CK.
Click on the Diskete Icon to save the program to your Calc.
There may have been a corrupted icon.png.

Bernard
Dear Mr. Michaud,
That worked! Now I have at large the SLK icon visible. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Karel.

10-03-2020, 09:01 PM
Hi all,
After installing a new program, it turned out that the icon was not the one that came with the program. Probably a ghost icon had appeared when I erased the program and then backed up all the programs on the prime. Then I completely wiped the machine with the key combination F, C, O and reset. Then I tried to restore all programs via the connectivity kit, but that did not work. I have copied all the programs to the table of contents where they ended up, however they are not on the Prime yet. What is striking is that the apps are installed, but the programs are not. I hope to hear from one of you soon. Sincerely, Karel.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)