BUG on the HP-Prime simulator
07-02-2020, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2021 10:12 PM by compsystems.)
BUG on the HP-Prime simulator
Hello, I have made a new attempt to teach algorithmic logic using the hp-prime programming language on the HP-Prime simulator, but note that a significant Bug has not yet been corrected, the [spc] and [.] Keys and even the [alpha] key remain locked after being pressed. this makes it practically useless. Students complain about how difficult it is to remove the retained keys from the lock, hp-prime = (must be closed and restarted.

And to facilitate encoding we use the program editor that comes with the communication kit, but the text font is so small that it is also very difficult to encode, there is no possibility to increase the text font.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2020, 04:49 AM
RE: BUG on the HP-Prime simulator
Hello,

I just tested here and did not see any issues with these keys.
How are you pressing the keys? Mouse left click on virtual button? or typing directly on the keyboard?
What type of keyboard are you using qwerty (US) or something else?

Normally, clicking on a key should release it.

Note that right click ON a key is equivalent to a press of the shift key (to make things easier).

What screen and screen resolution are you using?

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
07-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Very good idea to update the Skin.

I use win10 in Spanish with English keyboard =] the problem arises when I am writing programs inside the simulator and using the PC keyboard, very little happens when I use the simulator outside the program editor, for this reason it is difficult to reproduce the error.

It also happens that when I am encoding when the keys are locked, the writing progress is lost and it is annoying to see that the encoding job was lost

Request for the simulator.

Keystroke sound emulation could be added to the simulator to identify writing and enhance the keystroke simulation image, as is done in the famous hp48 emulator mask in emu48, where a vertical and horizontal pixel is shifted to give a more realistic pulsating effect.

Another missing feature is to allow the calculator screen to separate from the keyboard, to better accommodate work windows, to have an LCD screen of one size x and a keyboard of another.
07-25-2020, 08:25 PM
100% true. A must...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)