Special characters in program names
07-01-2020, 08:40 AM
Special characters in program names
Hi all,
Sometimes I want to use special characters in my program names. In the program I'm currently working on, this is the question mark (?). When I use this, I get a syntax error when checking. Is there a method to work around this? I am using the latest update (2020-01-21). Sincerely, Karel.

I use HP-16C, WP-34S emulator, HP-35s, HP-48GX, HP-50g, and HP Prime G2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2020, 09:11 AM
RE: Special characters in program names
Quoting the HP Prime User Guide:

[Image: PrimeManual.png]

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
07-01-2020, 09:45 AM
(07-01-2020 08:40 AM)cahlucas Wrote:  Hi all,
Sometimes I want to use special characters in my program names. In the program I'm currently working on, this is the question mark (?). When I use this, I get a syntax error when checking. Is there a method to work around this? I am using the latest update (2020-01-21). Sincerely, Karel.

Bonjour

Vous pouvez utiliser le "?" de code ascii décimal 660 accessible par la table des caractères qui lui ne provoque pas d'erreur.

Hello

You can use the "?" of decimal ascii code 660 accessible by the character table which does not cause an error.

Sorry for my english
07-01-2020, 11:38 AM
(07-01-2020 09:45 AM)Tyann Wrote:  Hello

You can use the "?" of decimal ascii code 660 accessible by the character table which does not cause an error.

Dear Tyann,
Yes, that has helped, although the character may raise questions by the end-user who will be using the program. Sincerely, Karel.

I use HP-16C, WP-34S emulator, HP-35s, HP-48GX, HP-50g, and HP Prime G2.
07-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Especially as it is not a question mark but a glottal stop indicator in the International Phonetic Alphabet...

https://unicodemap.org/details/0x0294/index.html

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)