Display result [Issue] with Solve in CAS and question about complex numbers.
06-03-2014, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 04:35 PM by alexzkter.)
Display result [Issue] with Solve in CAS and question about complex numbers.
1)The minus symbol is too close to the fraction on the result, it's above the division line actually touching it, on the physical Prime. Please, fix it. I'm 22 and my sight is OK, but I have trouble with being able to tell whether there's a minus or not.

[Image: 1zqucuu.png]

On the virtual calculator, it's kind of different (slightly better), I guess it depends on the screen's dpi.

2) The exponential form of complex numbers is not supported, right? The one based on Euler's_identity I mean. Could that be implemented?

P.S. I don't have dead pixels on my calculator, nor does your screen. They're just tiny pieces of rubber ;D
Thanks, Alejandro.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Display result [Issue] with Solve in CAS and question about complex numbers.
I agree about the "-" thing. Looks quite similar to the fraction line. Also, related with the editor, I have noticed too that when you write a long expression with several parentesis the caret stays in the right side (very annoying) it needs "virtual space" to the right.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Display result [Issue] with Solve in CAS and question about complex numbers.
Hi,
That pic is interesting. On my Prime, there is a one pixel horizontal line between the "minus" and the fraction line. The fraction line is in fact lower that the middle of the product sign center (in the pic above they are aligned it seems).

Exploring a little, I've noticed that the negative sign in front of a fraction will be will be one pixel above the fraction line if input with the "-" key, but it will be 2 pixels above if input with the "+/-" key.

A.
06-03-2014, 10:02 PM
(06-03-2014 09:54 PM)Alberto Candel Wrote:  Hi,
That pic is interesting. On my Prime, there is a one pixel horizontal line between the "minus" and the fraction line. The fraction line is in fact lower that the middle of the product sign center (in the pic above they are aligned it seems)

It depends on the size of the font selected in the settings. The picture above shows the biggest font, this is where the issue is the most visible.
06-03-2014, 10:13 PM
(06-03-2014 10:02 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 09:54 PM)Alberto Candel Wrote:  Hi,
That pic is interesting. On my Prime, there is a one pixel horizontal line between the "minus" and the fraction line. The fraction line is in fact lower that the middle of the product sign center (in the pic above they are aligned it seems)

It depends on the size of the font selected in the settings. The picture above shows the biggest font, this is where the issue is the most visible.

Oh I see, I have the medium. With the large the fraction line is above the minus sign.
And everything looks good with the small, but it is just too small!
06-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Yes, indeed. I have the largest font size selected.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)