My HP Calculator Collection
06-22-2020, 01:53 PM
My HP Calculator Collection
I have cataloged my HP Calculator Collection with images, together with a summary of my repairs and repair attempts, which are already posted here in various threads. If you are interested to read you can download this file from my website

Taschenrechnersammlung.pdf.

The first part is written in german, but the more interesting repairs are in english.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2020, 04:26 PM
RE: My HP Calculator Collection
Thank you Bernhard, very complete and interesting.
Fun to see that you only own one 41 model, but the reason is given (auf Deutsch).
(and that you own Bruce Lee's HP27, that's a real collector piece!)

The repair chapters are absolutely impressive, it's nice to have this reference in one single document.
06-22-2020, 07:44 PM
@ Bernhard: It's almost summer vacation, time for a bridge. I posted your list in Darknet once. Let's see what happens.)
Greetings from Allschwil (NO, I have no collection)
Matthias
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2020, 07:52 PM
(06-22-2020 07:44 PM)HP-Collection Wrote:  @ Bernhard: It's almost summer vacation, time for a bridge. I posted your list in Darknet once. Let's see what happens.)
Greetings from Allschwil (NO, I have no collection)
Matthias

After having documented my collection now, it will be no longer accessible in real items. Perhaps it can be excavated around 3000 by future archeologists. They also will dig near Basel but find nothing, because river Rhine has swallowed everything hundreds of years ago.

Bernhard

06-22-2020, 08:01 PM
Fantastic, Bernhard. But then again, I always am amazed at your work. Especially the HP-01 development. You have 12 of the HP-01 watches?! That's quite a collection, indeed!
~ Jim J. ~
06-22-2020, 08:10 PM
(06-22-2020 08:01 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  Fantastic, Bernhard. But then again, I always am amazed at your work. Especially the HP-01 development. You have 12 of the HP-01 watches?! That's quite a collection, indeed!
~ Jim J. ~

The german text explains, that I do not own all 12 HP-01 watches in the picture. About half of them were accidentally accumulated for repair at the same time and allowed me to shoot this remarkable image.

Bernhard

06-22-2020, 09:40 PM
Nice to see the Aristo scholar LL. Had exactly the same at school in 1976, a year later we moved to the TI-25 so just one sliderule year but I think I still know how to basically use it.
Used the TI-25 for 3 years changed for a TI-50 used that for 2 years and after that bought the HP-41 and never looked back.
06-23-2020, 09:17 AM
(06-22-2020 09:40 PM)Erik-M Wrote:  ... after that bought the HP-41 and never looked back.

Perhaps today you looked back, didn't you Smile

I had also the Aristo Scholar in school, the reason for having it in my collection now.

Bernhard

06-23-2020, 02:06 PM
(06-23-2020 09:17 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Perhaps today you looked back, didn't you Smile
Bernhard
I certainly did, but I never looked back at the TI calculators, they were not bad but nothing beats RPN .
The 67 and other led calculators were never popular in my generation (I am 57 now) because the first calcs allowed in school were the LCD ones. So opposite from you I am more a 41 than a 67 fan.
I read similar stories about 42 and 48 fans, could never get used to the 48 but some are crazy about them.
Thanks for showing the collection and also for sharing some repair tips.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)