New HP-41 Calculator Stand
09-03-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: New HP-41 Calculator Stand
The new design will incorporate the Original PIL-Box enclosure. Printing now...
Photos in the Morning.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2020, 01:32 PM
Here is my first attempt. I did not want to change the angle or block access to the power or HP-IL Ports. I will make the pocket a bit deeper to capture the cables better. The PIL-Box is held securely but is easily removable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmwjw8sqwsto5f...0.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kifp2slrk4y9p5...0.jpg?dl=0

This is my first attempt to share photos via Dropbox. I hope it works!
09-03-2020, 03:50 PM
Very nice!!

I'll wait for the improved version before scrambling for another one.

Hey - where did you get the "Mr Fusion" RAM upgrade for the CR Port? I gotta get me one of those!!

Is that 121 GB or 1.21 GB? Either way, it's probably enough for all the 71B software ever written... Smile

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2020, 04:48 PM
(09-03-2020 03:50 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Hey - where did you get the "Mr Fusion" RAM upgrade for the CR Port? I gotta get me one of those!!

Is that 121 GB or 1.21 GB? Either way, it's probably enough for all the 71B software ever written... Smile

Some guy named Marty showed up at my house driving a strange looking Delorean and he gave it to me. Smile

Alas... It is only a fake placeholder. I just thought it would be fun to give my 71B a Back to the Future theme since it was made in 1985.
09-03-2020, 05:43 PM
(09-03-2020 04:48 PM)twoweims Wrote:  
(09-03-2020 03:50 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Hey - where did you get the "Mr Fusion" RAM upgrade for the CR Port? I gotta get me one of those!!

Some guy named Marty showed up at my house driving a strange looking Delorean and he gave it to me. Smile

Alas... It is only a fake placeholder. I just thought it would be fun to give my 71B a Back to the Future theme since it was made in 1985.

Well... I guess I knew most of that, and certainly not the first custom CR port label (us FRAM71 guys have a few of them), but I like the 1985 synchronicity!! Smile

--Bob Prosperi
09-03-2020, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2020 10:58 PM by twoweims.)
New File has been uploaded to Thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4584602

Some Photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sx7wnto7jigh4j...0.jpg?dl=0
and
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyu8gsxzl3qonu...0.jpg?dl=0
09-04-2020, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2020 12:25 AM by rprosperi.)
Nice improvement tw; the PIL-Box can't slide back and forth, and also, it's a bonus to see the shelf inside could be preserved.

I'll hold off for a few days to see if there are any other comments/suggestions, but I'll definitely be having 2 made. Materials are cheap, but shipping is adding up... Smile

--Bob Prosperi
09-04-2020, 02:45 AM
Do you think anybody would buy these?
I could print some and put them on eBay or etsy.
09-04-2020, 09:48 AM
(09-04-2020 02:45 AM)twoweims Wrote:  Do you think anybody would buy these?

I’d probably buy one of the HP-41 stands if they’re not too expensive. I haven’t gotten around to getting a quote from shapeways.
09-04-2020, 01:09 PM
(09-04-2020 02:45 AM)twoweims Wrote:  Do you think anybody would buy these?

There is no doubt there are plenty of HP fans that want and would buy these, the only question would be pricing. I've no suggestion what the specific price should be, but I would see what Shapeways would charge as a reference; you could probably charge half of that and still cover your material costs plus some for your time and effort, and shipping would of course be driven by location, etc.

IMHO, you would likely find more customers on eBay than etsy, as it seems the vast majority of HP fans have already been taught to search there. Wherever you choose to sell them, I'll be happy to promote it, these stands are awesome, both great looking and useful. Smile

--Bob Prosperi
09-04-2020, 02:40 PM
I just got done uploading the models to shapeways. HOLY CRAP! their prices are high!

I can easily sell these for half of what they are asking. I think I will print a few and put them out on eBay and see what happens.

Stay tuned...
09-04-2020, 03:10 PM
If we ever have another HHC, I can print a lot of these various stands as freebies for attendees...I'd want a couple of months lead time though! Right now my Raise3D E2 says it will take about 10 hours to print two of the HP-71 stands..
09-04-2020, 05:38 PM
(09-04-2020 02:40 PM)twoweims Wrote:  I can easily sell these for half of what they are asking. I think I will print a few and put them out on eBay and see what happens.
I am definitely interested to buy at least one HP-71B stand and one HP-41 stand.
09-04-2020, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2020 06:07 PM by twoweims.)
(09-04-2020 03:10 PM)dramsey Wrote:  If we ever have another HHC, I can print a lot of these various stands as freebies for attendees...I'd want a couple of months lead time though! Right now my Raise3D E2 says it will take about 10 hours to print two of the HP-71 stands..

How do you like the Raise3D E2?
I got a CraftBot Flow IDEX before the Raise E2 was available. The CraftBot has been absolutely bulletproof but i am looking to the future and that E2 sure looks nice.

I was also going to be sure that some made their way to the next HHC.
09-04-2020, 06:24 PM
(09-04-2020 02:40 PM)twoweims Wrote:  I just got done uploading the models to shapeways. HOLY CRAP! their prices are high!

I can easily sell these for half of what they are asking. I think I will print a few and put them out on eBay and see what happens.

Stay tuned...

See what I mean... Wink

I'd limit the offering to just a select few colors, else you'll get requests for Sky-Blue Pink, shiny Bluish-Brown, etc.

Just be ready... there may be more demand than you're expecting...

Also, I think the 41 Accessory Stand would also be popular (I think that was also yours, wasn't it? - if not, please disregard)

--Bob Prosperi
09-04-2020, 06:48 PM
Please do, and I hope you'll ship abroad. :)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
09-05-2020, 03:59 PM
(09-04-2020 06:05 PM)twoweims Wrote:  
(09-04-2020 03:10 PM)dramsey Wrote:  If we ever have another HHC, I can print a lot of these various stands as freebies for attendees...I'd want a couple of months lead time though! Right now my Raise3D E2 says it will take about 10 hours to print two of the HP-71 stands..

How do you like the Raise3D E2?
I got a CraftBot Flow IDEX before the Raise E2 was available. The CraftBot has been absolutely bulletproof but i am looking to the future and that E2 sure looks nice.

I like my E2 a lot; the enclosed build volume makes it easy to print in ABS (which I never had any luck with on the Prusa due to severe warping), and I like being able to connect the printer to WiFi so I can send sliced files directly from my computer.

I don't know what, if any, advantage it would offer over your Craftbot.
09-08-2020, 03:10 AM
I have four of the 71B Stands listed on eBay.
Just search for HP-71B and they should come up.

I will be listing the HP-41 Stands in the next couple of days.

I based the price on what Shapeways would charge divided by 2*SQRT(3).
Being a protection engineer, I just had to have a square root of three in there somewhere! Smile
09-08-2020, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2020 04:29 AM by Sylvain Cote.)
(09-08-2020 03:10 AM)twoweims Wrote:  I have four of the 71B Stands listed on eBay.
Thank you for creating these and putting them on eBay.
Was your intention to sell in USA only ?
Your auction is indicating that you are shipping Worldwide but at the same time your are excluding : Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, North America, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America, etc.
I am located in Canada and I am interested to buy one.
Best regards,
Sylvain
09-08-2020, 06:47 PM
I will fix that. I will ship anywhere.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)