HP 48G+
06-01-2020, 09:48 PM
HP 48G+
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has my issue and the fix is probably simple but I'm stuck. After I clear the stack and make a new entry let's say 30 Enter 30 the cursor arrow points and blinks at 30 but I'm unable to do anything after that. None of "+,-,/ or x" functions works. Did I inadvertently touch a function which makes it do this? I hope someone can help me.

Ed
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2020, 11:09 PM
RE: HP 48G+
(06-01-2020 09:48 PM)Seisland Wrote:  Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has my issue and the fix is probably simple but I'm stuck. After I clear the stack and make a new entry let's say 30 Enter 30 the cursor arrow points and blinks at 30 but I'm unable to do anything after that. None of "+,-,/ or x" functions works. Did I inadvertently touch a function which makes it do this? I hope someone can help me.

Ed

Try using the +, -, X or / keys while pressing down on the metal faceplate area between the LCD and the top row of keys. If the keys now work while pressing on this area, the foam strip that presses the keyboard flex ribbon cable against the PCB has deteriorated. If that is the case, this is repairable but is not easy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2020, 11:44 PM
Thanks Steve, it worked using your method. Do you know if HP does the repair or a third party? I take it that it's not something a person who has never pulled these things apart should try?

Ed
06-02-2020, 02:41 AM
(06-01-2020 11:44 PM)Seisland Wrote:  Thanks Steve, it worked using your method. Do you know if HP does the repair or a third party? I take it that it's not something a person who has never pulled these things apart should try?

Ed

I think you are about 20 years too late for HP to repair it. The following post recommends Adam Jones, id aj04062, here on the forum. Adam offers many HP Calculator repair services, and has done innumerable repairs for myself and many other members here, all with good turnaround, fair prices, and low risk.

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-14...#pid129052
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2020, 04:06 PM
Thanks Steve!

Ed

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)