Chris Chung's Sinclair Scientific Design - IEEE Spectrum Article
05-26-2020, 03:42 PM
Chris Chung's Sinclair Scientific Design - IEEE Spectrum Article
This article may be of interest to a few, appearing in the IEEE Spectrum - June 2020 issue. It discusses Chris Chung's making of a pc board calculator, recreating a Sinclair Scientific calculator.

Sinclair Scientific Calculator, Remade
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2020, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2020 04:59 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
RE: Chris Chung's Sinclair Scientific Design - IEEE Spectrum Article
(05-26-2020 03:42 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  This article may be of interest to a few, appearing in the IEEE Spectrum - June 2020 issue. It discusses Chris Chung's making of a pc board calculator, recreating a Sinclair Scientific calculator.

I'd rather wish that Christopher had worked on his NP41v3: mine still remains an unusual paperweight once its boot sector got damaged after a firmware upgrade...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2020, 11:32 PM
(05-26-2020 03:42 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  This article may be of interest to a few, appearing in the IEEE Spectrum - June 2020 issue. It discusses Chris Chung's making of a pc board calculator, recreating a Sinclair Scientific calculator.

I saw this on the FB HP Calc Fan group. It was hard to decide which one to buy, the one with the bubble LEDs, or the much cheaper one with modern LEDs. I still haven't decided... but will probably go cheap on this one...

--Bob Prosperi
05-27-2020, 06:29 AM
Nice article, thanks for posting! Chris' builds are charming and ingenious.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)