[Bug] Keeps freezing
06-03-2014, 04:14 PM
RE: [Bug] Keeps freezing
I have a suspicion as to what it might be - at least the crash part vs the difference in behavior reported. As you are scrolling around, could you please be careful to avoid "lifting" your finger while still moving and see if that still happens?

Also, anyone else who feels they've seen similar problems when the kinetic scrolling is triggered anywhere in the system could do this as well. The exact way one flicks and scrolls seems to be important here if the suspicions are correct.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 06:19 PM by Tugdual.)
(06-03-2014 04:14 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I have a suspicion as to what it might be - at least the crash part vs the difference in behavior reported. As you are scrolling around, could you please be careful to avoid "lifting" your finger while still moving and see if that still happens?

Also, anyone else who feels they've seen similar problems when the kinetic scrolling is triggered anywhere in the system could do this as well. The exact way one flicks and scrolls seems to be important here if the suspicions are correct.
Hi Tim, you may have a lead indeed. When I do not remove the finger, I do not observe crash; I can even move very fast, refresh is super slow but at the end of the day it doesn't freeze.
Also I did notice that the crash happens very quickly when I give small impulses on screen to take advantage of the inertia effect.
Very well guessed, hope we can get that fix very soon ;-). Do not hesitate to involve me for beta testing as required if you need to test something (as long as I don't brick it...)
06-03-2014, 08:06 PM
OK, so finally, the freeze happened to me as well!

I guess I was all along too timid, scrolling/zooming around the screen Wink

I always kept my fingers down (which could be a good thing . . . )
06-03-2014, 08:24 PM
(06-03-2014 08:06 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  OK, so finally, the freeze happened to me as well!

I guess I was all along too timid, scrolling/zooming around the screen Wink

I always kept my fingers down (which could be a good thing . . . )

Just to be clear, did you manage to get the device to lock up by:

1. going to the plot view,
2. putting one finger down,
3. moving your finger around, ensuring that it never lifted off the screen? (I.e., through one uninterrupted scrolling session.)

If so, how long did it take?

(It is very easy to cause kinetic scrolling to begin if you are scrolling rapidly and lift your finger to end the scrolling session.)
06-03-2014, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 09:15 PM by Helge Gabert.)
No,

scrolling around like a madman, is more like it. Never wait for the cursor to re-appear, just keep moving your finger, lifting up, moving again - - that's how it will freeze up on you. It only takes 5-10 seconds that way.
06-04-2014, 07:53 AM
(06-03-2014 09:15 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  No,

scrolling around like a madman, is more like it. Never wait for the cursor to re-appear, just keep moving your finger, lifting up, moving again - - that's how it will freeze up on you. It only takes 5-10 seconds that way.
Are you like suggesting I'm a mad man because I was the first reporting the issue?
06-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Hello Bernard,
Thanks for the hint.

(06-01-2014 05:12 PM)parisse Wrote:  By the way, you can define f(x) without editing by the following command:
Code:
f:=unapply(convert(series(tan(x),x=0,20),polynom),x)

I tried this, but it doesn't work on the prime. 'convert' is changed to 'CONVERT' after pressing ENTER in CAS, which is carrying out unit conversion. (It works in XCAS, though.)

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Bernd
06-04-2014, 10:30 AM
I've tried it on the emulator. Typing is changed by the prime (uppercase), but it works with that.
06-04-2014, 11:36 AM
It works, you're right.
I have put quotes around the series-part of the expression. Without the quotes it works as expected.

Thanks
Bernd
06-04-2014, 01:42 PM
(06-04-2014 07:53 AM)Tugdual Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 09:15 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  No,

Are you like suggesting I'm a mad man because I was the first reporting the issue?

Everybody's scrolling habits are different. I'm doing it your way now. Smile
06-04-2014, 02:28 PM
(06-04-2014 01:42 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 07:53 AM)Tugdual Wrote:  Are you like suggesting I'm a mad man because I was the first reporting the issue?

Everybody's scrolling habits are different. I'm doing it your way now. Smile
You're so right my friend, be as fool as I am!
06-04-2014, 03:59 PM
My editor froose like 3 times writing a program when I went away it was fine and when I came back 2 or 3 minutes later I would touch the screen to get the display bright again and nothing would happen so I did an on-symb but at that point the editor was gone so had to do a 3 key reset and restore from backup. Luckily the program is done.
but luckily when it freezes the program is still intack only the editor gets corrupted so I didnt loose my program
06-04-2014, 04:49 PM
(06-04-2014 03:59 PM)Dougggg Wrote:  My editor froose like 3 times writing a program when I went away it was fine and when I came back 2 or 3 minutes later I would touch the screen to get the display bright again and nothing would happen so I did an on-symb but at that point the editor was gone so had to do a 3 key reset and restore from backup. Luckily the program is done.
but luckily when it freezes the program is still intack only the editor gets corrupted so I didnt loose my program
Luckily indeed. May be it is different for editor but all my CAS and Home buffers are resetted to a former status (entirely! Looks like the Prime has a snapshot/session system in place, must be consuming a lot of memory...) when I On-Symb it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)