Strange print behavior with HP50 and HP82240B
05-21-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: Strange print behavior with HP50 and HP82240B
(05-20-2020 09:17 PM)cahlucas Wrote:  Only the first line of the first 8 is split between the J and the K, the rest is OK.

There's no reason I can see that any of those lines should be split. There's definitely something unusual going on here.

Are you using any other escape sequences or control codes with your printing (other than CHAR 4)? Perhaps starting your printing by resetting with the 27,255 sequence (and an appropriate wait period for the printer to respond) might change the outcome of a print session.

If you'd like to have someone else with a 50g/82240B try out your program, either post the complete source here or contact me via private messaging and we'll work something out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2020, 10:22 PM
RE: Strange print behavior with HP50 and HP82240B
(05-21-2020 03:29 PM)DavidM Wrote:  
(05-20-2020 09:17 PM)cahlucas Wrote:  Only the first line of the first 8 is split between the J and the K, the rest is OK.

There's no reason I can see that any of those lines should be split. There's definitely something unusual going on here.

Are you using any other escape sequences or control codes with your printing (other than CHAR 4)? Perhaps starting your printing by resetting with the 27,255 sequence (and an appropriate wait period for the printer to respond) might change the outcome of a print session.

If you'd like to have someone else with a 50g/82240B try out your program, either post the complete source here or contact me via private messaging and we'll work something out.

Dear DavidM,
There are no control codes other than CHAR 4. Resetting the printer with CHAR 27 + 255 only causes the header is'n printed. The rest that are printed still have the described error. The program is a bit too big to post here, but I like the idea of yours for a private messaging session. Can we arrange something? Sincerely, Karel.

I use HP-16C, WP-34S emulator, HP-35s, HP-48GX, HP-50g, and HP Prime G2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)