Update firmware on HP39G ii
05-16-2020, 08:30 AM
Update firmware on HP39G ii
Is there a way to update the firmware on HP39G ii using Windows 10 or Linux? I have the Oct 30 2013 version and I think there is a month newer one. I have problem with CASE statement, it doesn't work. I also need to use connectivity kit but I tried some old versions that they don't recognize the calculator when it is connected. Any solutions?

Thanks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2020, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2020 09:17 PM by ijabbott.)
RE: Update firmware on HP39G ii
(05-16-2020 08:30 AM)mchris Wrote:  Is there a way to update the firmware on HP39G ii using Windows 10 or Linux? I have the Oct 30 2013 version and I think there is a month newer one. I have problem with CASE statement, it doesn't work. I also need to use connectivity kit but I tried some old versions that they don't recognize the calculator when it is connected. Any solutions?

I'm pretty sure the Oct 30 2013 version (release 19148) is the latest.

I installed the connectivity kit from 2013-11-11 and the virtual calculator from 2013-11-10, which are both on HP's FTP site: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/39gII/.

The calculator should appear as a "HID-compliant vendor-defined device" in Windows 10 and doesn't use any special drivers, only standard Microsoft drivers. If it shows as a USB device with an exclamation mark in Windows Device Manager, try deleting the device in Device Manager and rescanning.

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2020, 09:42 PM
The connectivity kit works fine with the virtual calculator. But when I connect the real one the machine makes the sound that indicates the connection and immediately makes the sound of disconnection. I turn the calculator off and press the on button while I connect the usb plug, and then the connection remains active, but the connectivity kit doesn't see anything.
05-19-2020, 08:16 AM
I turn the calculator on before attaching it to the computer. Then it appears as a HID device in Device Manager, as shown below:

The "Hardware IDs" property for the device is shown below:

Here it is in the connection kit:

— Ian Abbott
05-19-2020, 08:28 AM
(05-16-2020 08:30 AM)mchris Wrote:  Is there a way to update the firmware on HP39G ii using Windows 10 or Linux? I have the Oct 30 2013 version and I think there is a month newer one. I have problem with CASE statement, it doesn't work. I also need to use connectivity kit but I tried some old versions that they don't recognize the calculator when it is connected. Any solutions?

Thanks.

That is the latest version.

The CASE statement has never been made to work.

05-19-2020, 04:29 PM
(05-19-2020 08:16 AM)ijabbott Wrote:  I turn the calculator on before attaching it to the computer. Then it appears as a HID device in Device Manager, as shown below:

The "Hardware IDs" property for the device is shown below:

Here it is in the connection kit:
I can see the HID device too, but the connectivity kit never see it.
05-19-2020, 05:45 PM
When the Prime came out, the 39GII was abandoned. Since the SoC reached EOL, both firmwares couldn't be maintained in parallel in an economically viable way. Unfortunately, HP had no interest in an entry-market "Prime", so there never was a hardware update.

All: IIRC.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)