I have question can HP Prime Solve these two functions?
05-12-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: I have question can HP Prime Solve these two functions?
(05-11-2020 10:18 PM)pinkman Wrote:  Numerical and symbolic solve. Still don’t understand what’s wrong.

The 5 Key in algebraic mode put down [ ].
However, in Text mode it does Matrix?
I don't think this is right?

It did not do that before?

so I have to solve everything in the algebraic entry if I want to use those [ ].
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2020, 12:52 AM
(05-11-2020 10:18 PM)pinkman Wrote:  Numerical and symbolic solve. Still don’t understand what’s wrong.

Ok, I used the Brackets on the 5 Key and got the answer you got but there is a small square with a dot in the middle right of entry like one when you put in a power sign like y^3.
But it works now is that normal. I will just ignore the dot.
This software changes so much.
05-12-2020, 12:54 AM

Don't you need commas between the 2 equations?

--Bob Prosperi
05-12-2020, 03:27 AM
(05-12-2020 12:54 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  

Don't you need commas between the 2 equations?

when he entered the equation He put them in. the Solves answers without putting them me.
HP Prime wrote the answer without comas.
05-12-2020, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2020 06:18 AM by pinkman.)
In Texbook entry mode you’re invited to fill a matrix with the placeholders (dots in small squares) and the + signs to add rows or columns. Inserting a coma will only move the cursor to the next placeholder.
In Algebraic entry mode you need a comma to separate the entries.

In both case the stack represents them without a comma.

I think what puzzled you is that I did not write any commas in my first answer fsolve([eq1 eq2], [x y])

The help sections for fsolve and solve are a bit confusing, especially the one for solve because it doesn’t mention the ExpVector form of the command, even if an example with 3 equations involving x, y and z as variables is given.

PS (off topic): I sometimes write “numerical solution”, and sometimes “numeric solution”. What’s the right word?
05-12-2020, 06:42 AM
(05-12-2020 06:17 AM)pinkman Wrote:  X
PS (off topic): I sometimes write “numerical solution”, and sometimes “numeric solution”. What’s the right word?

numerical
- -
VPN
05-12-2020, 11:16 AM
fyi:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8442]

-road

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-12-2020, 01:15 PM
(05-12-2020 06:17 AM)pinkman Wrote:  In Texbook entry mode you’re invited to fill a matrix with the placeholders (dots in small squares) and the + signs to add rows or columns. Inserting a coma will only move the cursor to the next placeholder.
In Algebraic entry mode you need a comma to separate the entries.

In both case the stack represents them without a comma.

I think what puzzled you is that I did not write any commas in my first answer fsolve([eq1 eq2], [x y])

The help sections for fsolve and solve are a bit confusing, especially the one for solve because it doesn’t mention the ExpVector form of the command, even if an example with 3 equations involving x, y and z as variables is given.

It depends haven't seen examples of either from you to say that one is right or wrong.
I would say a numerical solution: that's an article that will help decide.
https://machinelearningmastery.com/analy...-learning/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)