Prime User Guide,Quick Start Guide
04-25-2020, 11:11 PM
Prime User Guide,Quick Start Guide
Has anyone investigated a group printing of the Prime Manuals such as was done for the 50G not long ago? I just gave up this week & bought a new Prime to go with my 49g, 49g+, 50g as well as a Ti 89 [/size][/font]so I'm well equipped. This Prime, however, is the first calc without a printed manual and I find computer reading somewhat difficult.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2020, 08:00 AM
RE: Prime User Guide,Quick Start Guide
There are two things to consider.

Firstly, dizzy (the guy who did the run for the 50g manuals) just doesn't have the time to manage this any more.

Secondly, printers are now basically refusing to print copyrighted material without written consent from the copyright holder.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
04-26-2020, 02:10 PM
There are several print on demand service providers that cater mainly to independent authors, but that also have arrangements with commercial customers. For example, Dyalog Ltd. APL manuals can be ordered from Lulu (lulu.com). If someone at HP can authorize the printing and provide the source PDF files, then manuals for any current calculator could be made available to customers. It may not provide the company with much revenue, but it would generate a lot of customer goodwill.

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
04-26-2020, 07:55 PM
(04-26-2020 02:10 PM)mfleming Wrote:  If someone at HP can authorize the printing and provide the source PDF files, then manuals for any current calculator could be made available to customers.

Even better, I wonder if HP could include something in their manuals to indicate that printing is authorized.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)