How do I get a 41 overlay working?
04-10-2020, 04:13 PM
How do I get a 41 overlay working?
How do I get a module overlay to work so that the indicated operations from the corresponding installed module are preformed when I press a key?

For example I have SANDMATH-IV in Port 1 on a 41CX (emulator) and I want the corresponding overlay to invoke SANDMATH-IV operations. How do I get that to happen? I understand that I can type in function names manually (and that I can identify what's in loaded modules using [CATALOG]), but I don't understand how to get the overlay working.

How do I do that for SANDMATH-IV? Is there a particularly way to do it generally, or is that different for each module?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2020, 05:05 PM
RE: How do I get a 41 overlay working?
(04-10-2020 04:13 PM)Orome Wrote:  How do I get a module overlay to work so that the indicated operations from the corresponding installed module are preformed when I press a key?

For example I have SANDMATH-IV in Port 1 on a 41CX (emulator) and I want the corresponding overlay to invoke SANDMATH-IV operations. How do I get that to happen? I understand that I can type in function names manually (and that I can identify what's in loaded modules using [CATALOG]), but I don't understand how to get the overlay working.

How do I do that for SANDMATH-IV? Is there a particularly way to do it generally, or is that different for each module?

There is no 'standard' process, each ROM uses a different approach, typically running one of the programs in the modules which then configures the key assignments.

You definitely should get the manual for this ROM, available here.

On p. 10, there is a short intro, as follows:

Quote:As any good “theme” module worth its name, the SandMath has its own mass-Key assignment routine (MKEYS). Use it to assign the most common functions within the ROM to their dedicated keys for a convenient mapping to explore the functions. Besides that, a distinct feature of this module is the function launchers, used to access diverse functions grouped by categories. These include the Hyperbolic, the Fractions, the RCL Math, and the Special Function groups. This saves memory registers for key assignments, whilst maintaining the standard keyboard available also in USER mode for other purposes.

But definitely read the manual, there is more to understand about Angel's excellent launchers.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2020, 05:15 PM
(04-10-2020 05:05 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  There is no 'standard' process, each ROM uses a different approach, typically running one of the programs in the modules which then configures the key assignments.

Excellent. That clears it up!
04-10-2020, 05:33 PM
(04-10-2020 05:05 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  On p. 10, there is a short intro, as follows:
Quote:As any good “theme” module worth its name, the SandMath has its own mass-Key assignment routine (MKEYS).
But definitely read the manual, there is more to understand about Angel's excellent launchers.

I'm having trouble responding the the MKEYS prompt. It asks for a "Y/N" response, and everything I try results in DATA ERROR. Any idea what's going wrong? How do I say "Y"?
04-10-2020, 05:42 PM
ALPHA Y ALPHA?
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2020, 06:54 PM
(04-10-2020 05:42 PM)AndiGer Wrote:  ALPHA Y ALPHA?

Naturally that was the first thing I tried. I get as far as [ALPHA] (no annunciator) [Y] and then immediately get DATA ERROR.

Also: When I turn the calculator on I get NO LIBRARY.
04-10-2020, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2020 07:14 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
(04-10-2020 06:54 PM)Orome Wrote:  
(04-10-2020 05:42 PM)AndiGer Wrote:  ALPHA Y ALPHA?

Naturally that was the first thing I tried. I get as far as [ALPHA] (no annunciator) [Y] and then immediately get DATA ERROR.

Also: When I turn the calculator on I get NO LIBRARY.

You installed the Library #4 version.
You have to plug it in too, or use a Sandmath version that doesn't need it.

Are ou sure it is SandMath IV and not a 44 version?
Date Apr 21, 2013
Description This version does not use Library#4

But, first, have a good read of the 41 manuals.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
04-10-2020, 07:27 PM
(04-10-2020 07:10 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Are ou sure it is SandMath IV and not a 44 version?
You installed the Library #4 version.

Ah: after rprosperi's suggestion, I installed 44 4x4 instead; but neglected Library #4.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)