New member with a question
04-08-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: New member with a question
I would agree with pre-production. The unit looks very much like a production model. The key bezel placement is slightly off/shifted hard to one side, but otherwise indistinguishable. I'm assuming that the 85 in the serial number is the sequence in the batch produced. Don't know if I will ever get down to the significance/non-significance of the J. Gannon label, but I'm glad that I didn't remove it without first doing a bit of research.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2020, 01:50 PM
(04-08-2020 12:55 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(04-08-2020 06:29 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  My 17C has no serial # on its clear bottom case.

Don't believe I've seen a 17C. Can you post a photo of the top of the unit? Did you get this back in the day, and if so do you know much about its provenance?

I think I already shared it, however here it is!

Unfortunately the display is not OK and shows several blank pixels (have to check those zebra strips, one day or another). However self-test shows something like LP1 on the right end of the display.

Looks like it's a 17Bii proto,

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2020, 02:37 PM
That is amazing - very cool. How did you come across that if I may ask?
04-08-2020, 03:10 PM
(04-08-2020 02:37 PM)tsb Wrote:  That is amazing - very cool. How did you come across that if I may ask?

Well, sometimes eBay does wonders! :)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2020, 09:29 PM
(04-08-2020 01:50 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(04-08-2020 12:55 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Don't believe I've seen a 17C. Can you post a photo of the top of the unit? Did you get this back in the day, and if so do you know much about its provenance?

I think I already shared it, however here it is!

Unfortunately the display is not OK and shows several blank pixels (have to check those zebra strips, one day or another). However self-test shows something like LP1 on the right end of the display.

Since it's a rare item, I personally wouldn't risk trying to repair it.

— Ian Abbott
04-08-2020, 10:47 PM
(04-08-2020 01:50 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  I think I already shared it, however here it is!

Cool! I've not see this before at all! Thanks for posting this! Smile

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)