(41CV) FPAS F-4E⁄5E (wind effects)
04-03-2020, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2020 10:22 PM by SlideRule.)
(41CV) FPAS F-4E⁄5E (wind effects)
An extract from EFFECTS OF WIND ON THE AIRCRAFT OPTIMUM CRUISE PERFORMANCE AND FLIGHT PERFORMANCE ADVISORY SYSTEMS FOR F-4E AND F-SE AIRCRAFT, Naval Postgraduate School, MAJ J. Lee (ROKAF) Master's Thesis, NPS 67-82-006, JUN 1982, 231 pgs.

"ABSTRACT
One of several fuel-saving operational concepts being investigated is the application of state-of-the-art hand-held calculators to serve as Flight Performance Advisory Systems (FPAS). The principal function of a FPAS is to advise the pilot, based or, the aircraft drag configuration, and gross weight, of the optimum flight performance parameters such as altitude and airspeed. The research reported herein is the development of the mathematical relationships for the effects of the wind on the aircraft optimum cruise performance. This thesis also describes the operating procedure of a Hewlett-Packard HP-41CV hand-held calculator programmed to serve as an F-4E and F-5E Flight Performance Advisory System. The objective of the FPAS is to recommend optimal flight profiles to achieve maximum fuel conservation. Because of the constraints imposed by HP-41CV memory size, the F-4E FPAS is comprised of three programs, and the F-5E is comprised of a single program."

FULLY documented!

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2020, 05:58 PM
RE: (41CV) FPAS F-4E⁄5E (wind effects)
It may be my bad eyes but I don't see any link?
04-04-2020, 06:42 PM
(04-04-2020 05:58 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  It may be my bad eyes but I don't see any link?

The word "41" near the beginning of the line. I had to find it by hunting with the mouse too, looking for a cursor change. Getting older sucks...

--Bob Prosperi
04-04-2020, 10:23 PM
sorry, post updated for better visibility: a senior moment on my part!

BEST!
SlideRule

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)