HP49g* and H50g case
03-21-2020, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2020 11:19 PM by aurelio.)
HP49g* and H50g case
I would like to know if is it normal the degrade of this case.
I got problem with both the 49g+ and 50g    

Are these case available for replacement?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2020, 11:42 PM
RE: HP49g* and H50g case
(03-21-2020 11:17 PM)aurelio Wrote:  I would like to know if is it normal the degrade of this case.

Sadly most modern electronics and accessories are designed to become quickly obsolete and then thrown away.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-21-2020, 11:56 PM
There are some reasonably decent zippered cases to be found on eBay, where the zipper goes from the midpoint, around the top and to the opposite midpoint. They look somewhat like the later HP48 cases. Some ads give a list of calculators that fit while others just give dimensions. Most of those original shiny cases start deteriorating the moment they're out of the packaging Smile

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
03-22-2020, 12:07 AM
(03-21-2020 11:17 PM)aurelio Wrote:  I would like to know if is it normal the degrade of this case.

These poor quality original 49G+ and 50G cases all wear in this way (black shiny finish rubs off gray inner padding) sooner or later if they are used for day to day carrying, but this one seems extremely worn.

Later, the 50G changed to a much better (IMHO) nylon design which doesn't wear at all.

Samson Cables sells a cases that is similar to the later HP nylon case here:

http://www.samsoncables.com/catalog/prod...PSYNTHCASE

I own several of these and comfortably recommend them. Note they also fit the HP Prime very well; I prefer this kind of case over the slide-on hard cover.

--Bob Prosperi
03-22-2020, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2020 12:17 AM by aurelio.)
(03-21-2020 11:42 PM)twoweims Wrote:  

Sadly most modern electronics and accessories are designed to become quickly obsolete and then thrown away.
Unfortunately yes, but I thought, I hoped better to say that the problem was only mine

(03-21-2020 11:56 PM)mfleming Wrote:  There are some reasonably decent zippered cases to be found on eBay, where the zipper goes from the midpoint, around the top and to the opposite midpoint. They look somewhat like the later HP48 cases. Some ads give a list of calculators that fit while others just give dimensions. Most of those original shiny cases start deteriorating the moment they're out of the packaging Smile

~Mark

I see, Mark, but I think the shape and the design of these calculators' case is, for my taste, one of the best you can find. I cannot say it equally about the materials...
03-22-2020, 12:23 AM
(03-22-2020 12:07 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  

These poor quality original 49G+ and 50G cases all wear in this way (black shiny finish rubs off gray inner padding) sooner or later if they are used for day to day carrying, but this one seems extremely worn.

Later, the 50G changed to a much better (IMHO) nylon design which doesn't wear at all.

Samson Cables sells a cases that is similar to the later HP nylon case here:

http://www.samsoncables.com/catalog/prod...PSYNTHCASE

I own several of these and comfortably recommend them. Note they also fit the HP Prime very well; I prefer this kind of case over the slide-on hard cover.

tank you Bob the samson ones are a good choice, I didn't know them, the have also the HP logo Smile

Actually the 50g case looks in better conditions but just you touch it with the hands the the skin falls down
03-22-2020, 10:21 AM
Yes, I bought a couple calcs in almost perfect condition but with really worn cases.
Bob, that case looks nice but... $40 each?

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2020, 10:46 AM
(03-22-2020 10:21 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Yes, I bought a couple calcs in almost perfect condition but with really worn cases.
Actually not a cheap price, but we can ask for a big discount on a massive purchase Smile
03-22-2020, 02:24 PM
(03-22-2020 10:21 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Yes, I bought a couple calcs in almost perfect condition but with really worn cases.

Whoa... that's new! Smile

I bought a couple of them a few years ago, but certainly didn't pay that, I'm sure they were under $20/ea. I don't recall if I bought them direct from Samson Cables or on eBay, where both Samson Cables and other small dealers sell Samson's products.

I've noticed that Samson Cables prices are generally good, but when items become rare, the price goes up considerably (e.g. the small HP-48G Pocket Ref Guide is listed for $99 - yikes!) which is true of course in any marketplace - though especially with collectable items.

Aurelio is right that a volume buy is the best way to get the price down. I'd be happy to coordinate a purchase for several folks, and then mail them to Italy, etc. if there is interest in that. I don't know how low the price could go, but no doubt more units => lower price.

Email me in the next few days if you're interested and we'll see if this makes sense. Of course international shipping adds a lot, so if we get several orders from Europe, maybe someone there could receive one lot and mail them to others, bringing down the cost to ship each one? Best if done from a country with looser Customs Duty fees of course.

Let me know

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)