HP65 / 67 / 97 card motor stuck
04-05-2020, 08:39 PM
HP65 / 67 / 97 card motor stuck
Hi all,

although I restored and cleaned all of my HP65, 67 and 97 (in some cases of course may be more then 10 years ago) and the card readers worked then, now all of these where stuck when I tested them, either moving not at all or very slowly, unregularily and some with squeaking noise. Has anyone a proven method to fix that and make them running again? I don't want to apply simply some lubricant until I'm shure not to increase the problem in the future.

Best regards,
Achim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2020, 09:09 PM
RE: HP65 / 67 / 97 card motor stuck
(04-05-2020 08:39 PM)achim Wrote:  Hi all,

although I restored and cleaned all of my HP65, 67 and 97 (in some cases of course may be more then 10 years ago) and the card readers worked then, now all of these where stuck when I tested them, either moving not at all or very slowly, unregularily and some with squeaking noise. Has anyone a proven method to fix that and make them running again? I don't want to apply simply some lubricant until I'm shure not to increase the problem in the future.

Best regards,
Achim

If the original drive wheel material is in place it may have swelled over time and is making it difficult for the card to pass.

There may be a build up of dust etc inside the card reader slot.

Check for the possible corrosion on circuit boards and contacts.

Batteries charged and in good condition.

A small amount of lubricant between the end of the worm gear drive and the thrust bearing may help with the squeak.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)