What happened to Tony Duell - anybody knows?
04-03-2020, 04:33 PM
What happened to Tony Duell - anybody knows?
I often stumble on his name when it comes to HP calculating machines.
He did so much reverse engineering and cool schematics we all know.
But I can't find new contributions by him. He was a very active member in the old forum and I guess an enthusiastic HP fan.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: What happened to Tony Duell - anybody knows?
The last post by him to HPCCs Datafile is to issue v36n1 (January 2017-June 2018) ...
04-03-2020, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2020 11:33 PM by cruff.)
There is a funeral notice on a UK website for someone with that name, aged 81 in Hull, who passed away on June 23, 2018. I do not know, myself, if this is the same person who was a member of our vintage computing community. However I have not seen any activity on any other sites recently from Tony. Was this possibly his father? Seems like there were some posts to cctech mailing list after that date, one in February.
04-04-2020, 02:33 AM
I'm quite sure that is not the same Tony, as I have an email from February of this year from another HPCC member saying he was going to ask Tony where some particular document was located.

I presume that like most of us, Tony's gotten older, possibly slower, and maybe his interest and hobby time has shifted focus, I know he was into a lot of other stuff as well.

--Bob Prosperi
04-04-2020, 04:19 AM
'Reports of my demise are much exagerated' :-)

I'm still about, I am still working (a lot) on vintage computers, HP and others. I've rather run out of HP stuff to reverse-engineer but I do have a couple of projects in the (distant) pipeline.
04-04-2020, 04:31 AM
Tony is fine!

Member of HPCC London. Last time I was there we had a good conversation on the multitude of projects he has at his house.

HPCC London is attempting to have their meetings on the web during Covid. Tony has been a participant of every second Saturday meeting that I have been to up and until my last meeting in October.

I know from the minutes that he has attended the meetings at Imperial College since my meeting in October.

Yes, that was his father who passed away.

Geoff
04-04-2020, 05:06 AM
Thank you all for infos and investigation.
Glad to hear he is alright Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)