Possible BUG : product(set[])*product(set[...])
03-04-2020, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2021 12:48 AM by compsystems.)
Possible BUG : product(set[])*product(set[...])
Hello, the product of an empty set is 1, so far everything is fine, but in the history, replace empty set, set[] with NULL and this generates an error when calling the entry and executing it again.

product( set[ ] ) * product( set[ a, b, c, a ] ) [enter] NULL*a*b*c -> 1*a*b*c // ok
[up][up][copy] product( NULL ) * product( set[ a, b, c, a ] ) // the null element in multiplication is 1
[enter]
"product(seq[]) Error: Bad Argument Value"

product( set[ ] ) * product(set[ 3, 3, 3, 1, 2 ]) [enter] 1*6 -> 6 // ok
[up][up][copy] [enter] "product(seq[]) Error: Bad Argument Value"

[Image: sets_image00.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2020, 12:27 AM
RE: Possible BUG : product(set[])*product(set[...])
Sets are not supported. Please stop complaining when something not supported nor intended to be there is not working how you think it should. Thanks!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-06-2020, 07:40 AM
More precisely, most *normal* set commands are supported by the CAS computing kernel, but not necessarily by the Prime GUI.
03-06-2020, 08:00 AM
(03-06-2020 12:27 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Please stop complaining when something not supported nor intended to be there is not working how you think it should. Thanks!

Hmmm...seems good customer service disappeared along with the 50g.

Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end.
03-06-2020, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2020 09:12 AM by Tim Wessman.)
I have tried explaining for many years now to this user that this is not intended to be part of the UI feature set of Prime because it is not in scope as it is too niche, not the target user, and would adversely impact other things that are there by creating additional confusion. Any requests for suggestion about *how* to avoid this are always met with silence...

Requesting something be added is one thing, but constantly making large posts highlighting "BUGS BUGS BUGS" that are not bugs because they were never meant to be there, nor be supported just created confusion for people finding the posts later...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-06-2020, 05:04 PM
(03-06-2020 08:00 AM)Nad Wrote:  
(03-06-2020 12:27 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Please stop complaining when something not supported nor intended to be there is not working how you think it should. Thanks!

Hmmm...seems good customer service disappeared along with the 50g.

You are relatively new here. If you've seen how many times exchanges like this have taken place here, you would be marveling, as I am, at how calm and reasonable Tim's reply is....

--Bob Prosperi
03-06-2020, 06:02 PM
(03-06-2020 09:10 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  X
Requesting something be added is one thing, but constantly making large posts highlighting "BUGS BUGS BUGS" that are not bugs because they were never meant to be there, nor be supported just created confusion for people finding the posts later...

Os someone BUGging you again, Tim?

The Realâ„¢ BUG is that there is no good HP-28C/hp 50g stack. "Just" use list processing and provide it as an app. Should only take a year or two...Easy!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)