Audio Tape Counter / Time Conversions (2418C)
03-04-2020, 02:57 AM
Audio Tape Counter / Time Conversions (2418C)
This program lets you convert between an audio tape machines counter value and elapsed time. Most audio tape counters are proportional to the number of revolutions of one of the reels rather than the actual elapsed time. It works with any such tape machine (cassette, reel-to-reel, whatever). This is #2418C in the User's Library, written by me when I was about 17.

It is similar to "Tape Deck Time Remaining" in PPC Calculator Journal V6N2P8, including similar derivations of the math involved. I just found the article a few days and it inspired me to revisit 2418C.

The attachment includes recreated documentation in the style of the original UL program forms, along with .raw files that can be imported into an emulator or DM42, or converted to barcode or text listings via HP41UC.

I also fixed a bug in the initialization program which somehow the multitudes of users never found over the years. Smile

Attached File(s)
.zip  2418C.zip (Size: 330.49 KB / Downloads: 22)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2020, 08:59 AM
RE: Audio Tape Counter / Time Conversions (2418C)
(03-04-2020 02:57 AM)David Hayden Wrote:  I also fixed a bug in the initialization program which somehow the multitudes of users never found over the years. Smile

Never too late to catch those critters!

Thanks for sharing the program.

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)