KC-135 Module
02-26-2020, 09:59 PM
KC-135 Module
This archived thread asks about the KC-135 module (ID K135 on the 41CL). I found some more info on it.

The KC-135 is a tanker plane used for in-air refueling. The program is used by the Load Master (the person in charge of the payload - fuel, people, etc.) to balance the plane and make sure it can take off and land okay.

I found USAF document 1-1B-50 - Basic Technical order for USAG Aircraft Weight and Balance dated 1 March 2005 (you need this version) and on page 9-2 is a computer generated form that looks suspiciously like a 41C print out.

The program takes over the calculator. Plug in the module and a printer. Turn the calculator off and back on.

To initialize the program, press [SHIFT] ENTER
For Yes/No prompts, press the 0 key for yes and the . key for no.

You can work through the example in the document.

At most prompts, press R/S to stop the program. Then can UPLUG the module (41CL) or just turn the calculator off and unplug the physical module.

Now you can safely load your KC-135!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2020, 02:06 PM
RE: KC-135 Module
(02-26-2020 09:59 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  Now you can safely load your KC-135!

Thanks for sharing it.. and yes, it's going to be much easier flying this sucker now ;-)

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
02-27-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: KC-135 Module
These planes (USAF KC-135 Tankers) were all delivered between late '50s and early '60s, so all of these great planes are older than the pilots that fly them today. Some are scheduled to fly past 2040, serving as front-line aircraft for 80+ YEARS! There is also a specific KC-135 that was flown by 3 generations of pilots from the same family. Imagine joining the USAF and getting to fly to same airplane both your Dad and Grandfather flew. Probably Grandad used slide rules, Dad used the 41C and the new pilot uses an App on his phone. I suppose his son can use a DM41X and this KC-135 Module...

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)