(41C) OSCAR - Offshore Calculator-Assisted Resection
02-25-2020, 12:46 PM
(41C) OSCAR - Offshore Calculator-Assisted Resection
An extract from Analytical Positioning of Aids to Navigation, Department of Transportation, United States Coast Guard, Office of Research and Development, CG-D-22-81, NOV 1981 {DTIC ADA107811}

"Abstract
Sophisticated systems such as the Global Positioning System (GPS) and the Inertial Positioning System (IPS) are not yet economically justified for widespread Coast Guard use in positioning aids to navigation. To improve accuracy and precision in positioning until such systems are justified, alternative procedures have been explored. Accuracy and precision are addressed to create various mathematical, statistical and operational procedures immediately applicable to the Coast Guard. This adventure into marine geodesy can help the Coast Guard employ error minimizing positioning procedures until more precise methods and reliable techniques are available.

Table of Contents

APPENDIX F
   - HP-41C AND OFFSHORE CALCULATOR ASSISTED RESECTION (OSCAR)    F-I
F.1 INTRODUCTION                                                                             F-1
F.2 HP-41C SUBROUTINE LISTINGS                                                       F-3
F.3 OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FLOW CHART                                           F-5
F.4 HP-9825A/HP-9872B BAR-CODE GENERATION ROUTINE                         F-7

APPENDIX F
                         HP-41C AND OFFSHORE CALCULATOR-ASSISTED RESECTION
F.1   INTRODUCTION
       Calculator routines were prepared to demonstrate analytical positioning using the HP-41C Programmable Calculator System …

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2020, 07:41 AM
RE: (41C) OSCAR - Offshore Calculator-Assisted Resection
Very intereresting paper, It's a pity pages F-2 and F-4 with the program listings are illegible...'do you know of a better quality source?
04-02-2020, 03:12 PM
(04-02-2020 07:41 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  … pages F-2 and F-4 with the program listings are illegible...'do you know of a better quality source?

Unfortunately, no - but I'm hopeful one does exist (finding it is the journey).

BEST!
SlideRule

"If you can measure what you are speaking about and express it in numbers you know something about it. If you cannot measure it, if you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind". Lord Kelvin
04-02-2020, 09:36 PM
I really appreciate some of this archaeology you have been able to accomplish. I still squirrel away all the HP41 programs related to navigation and you have unearthed many that I had never encountered.

Best
Todd

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)