41 Alarm Catalog: Any way to select an alarm and return its ID to X?
02-13-2020, 02:05 PM
41 Alarm Catalog: Any way to select an alarm and return its ID to X?
When displaying the alarm catalog, either with ALMCAT or Catalog 5, is there a way to "select" an alarm and have its ID returned to the X register? I want to make a program for editing an existing alarm, and I figure the easiest way to do that is display the alarm catalog, let the user select an alarm, then use RCLALM and CLALMX, followed by XYZALM to resave the amended alarm.

I'm not seeing anything in the manual that leads me to believe the alarm catalog can do this, but you never know... Otherwise I'll just have to write a small loop that increments a counter, calls RCLALM and AVIEW, then stops and waits for R/S to show the next alarm, or E to jump to the edit routine.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2020, 06:13 PM
RE: 41 Alarm Catalog: Any way to select an alarm and return its ID to X?
(02-13-2020 02:05 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  When displaying the alarm catalog, either with ALMCAT or Catalog 5, is there a way to "select" an alarm and have its ID returned to the X register?
Not that I know of, look at the time owners manual here

(02-13-2020 02:05 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Otherwise I'll just have to write a small loop that increments a counter, calls RCLALM and AVIEW, then stops and waits for R/S to show the next alarm, or E to jump to the edit routine.
I am afraid thats what you will have to do.
Find all posts by this user
02-13-2020, 08:58 PM
(02-13-2020 06:13 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  
(02-13-2020 02:05 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  When displaying the alarm catalog, either with ALMCAT or Catalog 5, is there a way to "select" an alarm and have its ID returned to the X register?
Not that I know of, look at the time owners manual here

(02-13-2020 02:05 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Otherwise I'll just have to write a small loop that increments a counter, calls RCLALM and AVIEW, then stops and waits for R/S to show the next alarm, or E to jump to the edit routine.
I am afraid thats what you will have to do.

I figured I'd have to roll my own, just wanted to see if you 41 experts knew any undocumented tricks. Wink Thanks.
02-14-2020, 02:23 AM
I expect there's a way to edit alarms directly with utilities in ZENROM or a buffer editor in Angel's works. I haven't looked into it myself. You'd have to really know what you're doing, and then you'd want to write a program to do it, so that once debugged, you don't make mistakes that would give you the dreaded "memory lost" message.

http://WilsonMinesCo.com (Lots of HP-41 links at the bottom of the links page, http://wilsonminesco.com/links.html )

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)