Question about programing the prime (looking forward)
05-29-2014, 12:51 AM
Question about programing the prime (looking forward)
Ok I have been thinking about this for a little while.

The way I see it the biggest thing that is holding back the success of the HP Calculator range is that the goal posts keep changing for programming it. RPL and HPPP are two different animals.Has this been identified as an issue?

For people/groups wanting to devlop code for the calculator is there any garentee that the platform will now remain stable?

It is a real shame that we cannot use the RPL code for the Prime, that would really be helpful. Is it possible to have an RPL emulator for the prime? Even the older lanuages could be tapped.

Also I tend to use a lot of matlab, I could see the Prime becoming a poor mans Matlab. The emulator seems to be ideal for this, although I have not tried to program in it extensivly.

Just a few random thoughts, I am sure at least a few would agree.

Michael Carey

My ebook
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 06:48 AM
RE: Question about programing the prime (looking forward)
(05-29-2014 12:51 AM)Mickpc Wrote:  It is a real shame that we cannot use the RPL code for the Prime, that would really be helpful. Is it possible to have an RPL emulator for the prime?

I was wondering about this too. I don't mean an emulator but real RPL support, possibly as a separate application, whatever. This is about the only thing that would ever cause me to shell out the cash for the Prime. The 50g is very nice but not fast enough for running programs in many cases. Since the Prime is so much faster a new implementation of RPL would be fantastic.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)