Binary content of Prime's backups
01-25-2020, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2020 03:38 AM by rombva.)
Binary content of Prime's backups
I made several Prime's backups without any actions between their creation. Why does Connectivity Kit make binary not identical backups? I check its issue with Total commander's option "Compare by content...". Are Your backups binary identical?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2020, 06:27 AM
RE: Binary content of Prime's backups
Hello,

I do not know for the CAS settings, but for the rest of the home settings, I do have an answer...
When the backup are made, copies of objects in RAM are created and saved to file before being compressed...
However, object are always 4 byte alligned, BUT objects do NOT always have a size which is a multiple of 4 bytes, thus when the copy is made to save the objects to file, only the usefull bytes are copied, at some "random" memory location, leaving "random" bytes to be saved in the spaces between objects...
Once that passes through compression, you can get some very different binary zip files because of that.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
01-27-2020, 02:11 PM
RE: Binary content of Prime's backups
If a backup contains my programms then "Compare by content..." shows differences in the cas_settings and in some programs.

If a backup is made after formatting memory then "Compare by content..." shows differences only in the cas_settings, other files are identical.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)