Looking for some help with HPCC membership
04-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Looking for some help with HPCC membership
Hello,

I'm hoping someone in the HPCC can read this and perhaps lend me a hand.

I joined the HPCC in June 2012 (with a two year membership), and then renewed the membership in March 2013 for another two years, so I should be active until Dec. 2015. One of the big draws for me, in addition to the overall interesting content, is Tony Duell's ongoing series about repairing 9xxx series desktops.

I did receive the second two Datafile issues from 2012, and the first two in 2013, but none from the beginning of 2012 and nothing since mid 2013. I did move in May 2013, and I sent emails about the address change to Dave, the secretary, but never got any response.

HPCC being so across the pond, it is possible there have been some internal changes, or that I have the wrong email address. I love supporting the HPCC, and I hope all is going well with the organization. If someone in the know could kindly help me connect, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Looking for some help with HPCC membership
Dave,

Short note, I am going to the meeting in May and will take your address and explanation with me.

I know there is talk about the datafile news letter, new formats, new website and etc. so send me a pm with your new address and I will talk to the treasurer and editor May 10th (the next meet).

Geoff

Yes, more on the book soon!
04-30-2014, 05:58 PM
(04-30-2014 05:34 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  Yes, more on the book soon!

Hear, hear! Smile

d:-)
04-30-2014, 07:23 PM
(04-30-2014 05:58 PM)walter b Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 05:34 PM)Geoff Quickfall Wrote:  Yes, more on the book soon!

Hear, hear! Smile

d:-)

Oh YEAH! Big Grin

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Geoff,

Thank you for your very kind offer. PM has been sent.

Save the address because a book will be going that way at some point :-)

Kind regards,

Dave
05-02-2014, 06:27 AM
(04-30-2014 04:41 PM)dfnr2 Wrote:  Hello,

I am on the HPCC committee. I will raise this at the next meeting in 8 days time. Can you send me a PM with your details, please. I notice that Geoff is going to do much the same, but if I have the details too, it's a backup...

(04-30-2014 04:41 PM)dfnr2 Wrote:  I joined the HPCC in June 2012 (with a two year membership), and then renewed the membership in March 2013 for another two years, so I should be active until Dec. 2015. One of the big draws for me, in addition to the overall interesting content, is Tony Duell's ongoing series about repairing 9xxx series desktops.

If you would like the full set of articles in LaTeX and Postscript, let me know (PM again). I can send them to you. The only condition is that you don't distibute them without giving me credit (or blame :-)), you are welcome to make them available if my name remains on them.
06-07-2014, 12:31 PM
(04-30-2014 04:41 PM)dfnr2 Wrote:  Hello,

I joined the HPCC in June 2012 (with a two year membership), and then renewed the membership in March 2013 for another two years, so I should be active until Dec. 2015. One of the big draws for me, in addition to the overall interesting content, is Tony Duell's ongoing series about repairing 9xxx series desktops.

I did receive the second two Datafile issues from 2012, and the first two in 2013, but none from the beginning of 2012 and nothing since mid 2013. I did move in May 2013, and I sent emails about the address change to Dave, the secretary, but never got any response.

HPCC being so across the pond, it is possible there have been some internal changes, or that I have the wrong email address. I love supporting the HPCC, and I hope all is going well with the organization. If someone in the know could kindly help me connect, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Dave

Hello,

I have basically the same issues as Dave.

I have joined the HPCC last April, sent the money through PayPal and sent two emails without any responses coming back.

PayPal says the money has been received.
Is the email (secretary@hpcc.org) I am using still valid or the good one ?

I known 6 weeks is not very long but at least a reply confirming the membership will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sylvain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)