(HP-97/67) Total Field Resistivity Surveys
12-31-2019, 03:43 PM
(HP-97/67) Total Field Resistivity Surveys
An extract from Field Procedures & Data Reductions Methods (w∕ HP 96-67 prgs) for Total Field Resistivity Surveys, U.S.DoI, Geological Survey, open-File Report 78-424, FC USGS OFR 78-424,

I. CREW REQUIREMENTS AND BASIC EQUIPMENT
 The following list of manpower and equipment is currently used by the U.S. Geological Survey and is recommended for the optimum operation of an efficient bipole-dipole total field resistivity survey.

(C) Transmitter Unit and Accessories

(6) HP-97 calculator (encased in a transparent plastic bag to protect it from dust), programs, charger, and data books.

IV. DATA REDUCTION AND PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS
 Two programs for HP 97-67 programmable calculators are given in the Appendix. The first program (Program I) is for the calculation of the average magnitude and direction of the total potential difference from three horizontal components, whereas the second program (Program II) is for the computation of the simple-total-field apparent resistivity and other parameters of interest.

VI. APPENDIX
 A summary of user instructions and program listings for Programs I and II are given on the following pages. Note that the given key codes are for the HP 97. The key entries of SPC (space) may either be deleted or replaced by PAUSE for HP 67 users.

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)