Someone is still making slide rules
01-04-2020, 03:26 AM
RE: Someone is still making slide rules
Thanks very much Bill, I did receive the scans!

And also, thanks for the link! While I am familiar with this site in general, I never discovered this page, a real boon for fans of these cool little pocket slide rules.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2020, 08:13 AM
I did successfully order two of the model 300 circular slide rules last year. It involved 4 days of emailing back and forth before they sent the shipping confirmation/tracking, and wasn't exactly the most modern checkout experience. They recommended sending my credit card information over email in an encrypted zip file (which isn't really that much more secure, since I also had to email the password. You can also fax them apparently...

For reference I paid 3,200 yen each for 2 of the no. 300 slide rules, and paid 2,400 yen for shipping by EMS (in total, 8,800 yen). Shipping took about 1 week to the US.
01-28-2020, 05:31 PM
(01-02-2020 08:41 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  For years, companies would give away at trade shows all sorts of
special purpose slide rules. Some were made of plastic, but
many were made of cardboard.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

I have a hewlett packard "reflectometer calculator" with a 1976 copyright date. I am sure I must have got it in the eighties, though.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)