New Version: 2014.0331
05-27-2014, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 07:31 PM by Tim Wessman.)
New Version: 2014.0331
Important note: If you downloaded and installed this on or before Thrus. May 29, -6GMT, please see: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1463.html

For your emulator, calculator and connkit. Easiest way to get them is to use the check for update mechanism in the emulator or connkit.

The primary focus of this release in terms of new features was improvement of geometry and statistics. The primary focus of the connkit was around the main UI (not the editors for specific object types which were essentially untouched).

Four chapters in the user guide were changed, however they could not be rolled directly into the original document and are instead a "supplement" for now. The emulator has them, but they are attached to the end of the existing manual brought up by selecting Help->User Guide in the emulator windows menu.

If you'd like the separate "supplement" file, it would expect it to be up on the HP support page shortly.

Quote:HP Prime – Release Notes
-------------------------

Date Released: 2014/03/31

Internal Versions
-----------------
Firmware Version: 2014 03 31 (6030)
Virtual Calculator Version: 2014 03 31 (6031)
Connectivity Kit: 2014 03 31 (6026)

Description
-----------
This release of the Prime Calculator firmware and associated PC software delivers significant new features and fixes outstanding issues. This document is not a complete list of all changes, but highlights specific items. All users of the HP Prime calculator are encouraged to upgrade for the best possible experience.

Backward Compatibility
----------------------
There is limited backward compatibility between this and earlier releases.

Older Prime hardware (Revision A) does support this release, however the wireless, unit-to-unit, and data streamer functionality is not supported on earlier models. In the Help->About HP Prime screen the hardware revision will be displayed along with software version information. Mixing and matching software revisions is not encouraged and may cause unexpected results. Users are strongly encouraged to first backup their calculators with the older firmware and Connectivity Kit - then upgrade all their calculator software (firmware, Connectivity Kit, and Virtual Calculator). Upgrade the Connectivity kit first, before upgrading your calculator firmware. This order will produce the best experience.

The geometry application and inference have received significant updates and earlier data files will not be compatible. Old data files from earlier revisions will not load and and a new empty data file will overwrite the old one.

Due to some specific issues resolved, certain user programs may not run on the new system without changes first. Specifically, any commands with the Σ character in the name may need to be corrected to use the correct sigma character. Function variables will now also error if the function parameter is using a reserved system function name (example: SIN or COLOR). Additionally, the TRIANGLE commands were modified to allow TRIANGLE, LINE and FILLPOLY to share similar data and syntax to enable easier creation of complex 3D drawings

New Functionality (Connectivity Kit)
------------------------------------
1. Application has had major improvements to the user interface. Please refer to the included connectivity kit User's Guide for instructions and details.
2. Support for the HP Wireless Classroom network has been introduced. Please see http://www.hp.com/calculators/ for details on the Wireless Classroom kit.
3. Greatly enhanced communication speed over USB link to calculator.

New Functionality (Calculator Software)
---------------------------------------
1. Improved touch support throughout system. This includes pinch to zoom support in graphing applications, and kinetic scrolling.
2. Pressing HELP in an open command line will attempt to find the name of a command based on the prior input up to the cursor position to display system help for that command.
3. Includes Edition 2 of the on calculator help files (English only in this release).
4. Greatly enhanced robustness and capability of the Statistics 2Var logistic fit.
5. Wireless support for capable units turned on. Wireless icon will appear in the right top corner menu for units that can support the HP Prime Wireless Kit.
6. Calculator unit-to-unit communications has now been enabled on units that can support it.
7. Numerical values now can be displayed with digit groupings. Examples include: 1,234.567 1 234.567 and 1’234,567
8. Two new numerical display formats have been introduced. These are “floating” which only displays up to a specified number of digits, and “rounded” which is similar to the “fixed” format except trailing zeros are suppressed.
9. Decimal fractions now appear with a zero, as in 0.25.
10. Vectors are now displayed as a single line object until they become a matrix. This aids in distinguishing vectors and matrices.
11. User selectable first day of week setting for use through the system.
12. First boot unlock and settings wizard. User will be asked to confirm language selection and some initial settings.
13. Inference application now can do Chi-Square calculations and Linear Regression T calculations.
14. Geometry application has been completely redone and is much faster, consistent, and capable than before.
15. Enhanced color pickers allow a greater range of color selection.
16. Pressing ENTER will now open chooser in a dialog or toggle checkbox.
17. Enhanced unit object display to ensure a more standard form with complex units.
18. TRIANGLE, FILLPOLY and LINE commands can now draw multiple objects in a consistent way with each other. Useful for very complicated 3D drawing in user programs.
19. INPUT command can now create multi-page dialogs and contain choose boxes, check boxes and grouped check boxes. It can also allow specific item types and gives control of parsing behavior for input. It also supports size and position control.

New Functionality (Virtual Calculator)
--------------------------------------
1. A horizontal skin has been included for use with monitors that are restricted in the vertical pixel range.

Resolved issues and changes excluding CAS
-----------------------------------------
1. Resolved issue with statistics 2 variable trig fit causing poor curve fit.
2. Resolved issue with removing last row or column from a CAS matrix in the matrix editor.
3. Resolved issue with .^ and ./ function calculations.
4. Resolved issue with EDITLIST/EDITMAT commands not working in RPN mode.
5. Resolved issue with BLIT command when specified destination was a zero sized region.
6. Resolved several issues with fraction key in home to make behavior more consistent.
7. Resolved issue in 2D integral template where EEX key would always add a 1 before the E in the evaluation limit locations.
8. Resolved several issues where integer only settings fields would display using the current display setting.
9. Resolved issue where auto power off did not function in graphing applications.
10. Resolved issue with commands EDITLIST and EDITMAT using user defined variables.
11. Resolved issue with key buffer not being cleared when the user aborts a running program.
12. Resolved issue with auto off timer in plot gallery not being reset on user touch.
13. Resolved issue with auto-off timer in plot gallery not being reset on user input.
14. Resolved issue with copy and paste in spreadsheet.
15. Resolved issue with sigma character in command names not being consistent through entire system.
16. Resolved issue with RETURN call inside repeating loop in a user program.
17. Resolved issue with object printing in debugging interface causing unpredictable behavior.
18. Resolved problem with integration calling ABS(F1(X))
19. Resolved issue with G0-G9 in user programs while spreadsheet was active application.
20. Resolved issue with 10 second periodic wakeup during sleep reducing long term shelf life.
21. Resolved issue with KWh in menu needing to be named kWh to function properly.
22. Resolved issue where storing a number to a vector padded with too many zeros.
23. Resolved issue with clicking EDIT menu after deleting last CAS object from memory manager catalog.
24. Resolved issue with negative and STO conversion shortcut.
25. Resolved issue where tapping an item in Advanced Grapher Symbolic view behaved differently then tapping edit menu key.
26. Resolved issue where calculating integration with boundary at 0 appeared to fail.
27. Resolved issue with case sensitivity in note and program catalog.
28. Resolved issue where changing font size could cause strange artifacts in 2d equation display in Symbolic view.
29. Resolved problem where copying .+ or .- operators would not insert space before commands.
30. Resolved issue with ΣLIST and a vector argument.
31. Resolved some issues with F1 and CAS interaction.
32. Resolved issue with the UNITS -> TOOLS menu commands not evaluating immediately in RPN mode.
33. Resolved issue with eigenvectors of diagonal matrices in home.
34. Resolved issue where DMS toggle on home screen did not work with certain numbers.
35. Resolved issue with RPN stack not being cleared by a clear in memory manager.
36. Resolved issue where changing HEX or other similar settings did not update stack display immediately.
37. Resolved issue where clearing memory from catalog did not clear Ans variables.
38. Resolved issue where pressing BKSP on a CAS variable from chooser did not delete it.
39. Resolved issue where CAS screen would have left/right alignments disrupted after a power cycle.
40. Resolved issue with logb and very tiny values.

Resolved issues and changes in CAS
----------------------------------
1. Resolved issue with for desolve([y'=sqrt(y),y(1)=1],x,y)
2. Resolved issue with units in approx mode and auto simplification on units
3. Added check for real matrix in SVD
4. Resolved issue with tlin(cos(a)*cos(b)) and with plot(exp(-x^2))
5. Resolved issue with odesolve in reverse time direction
6. Desolve now handles linear system with constant coefficients; for example, desolve([y'=[[1,2],[2,1]]*y+[x,x+1],y(0)=[1,2]]);
7. Resolved issue with int(surd(2x,3),x,0,4), and with simplify(sin^2+cos^2)
8. Improved display for some sqrt results like sqrt(2+sqrt(3)) as sqrt(2)/2+sqrt(6)/2
9. Resolved issue with speed of int(x*exp(-x^2),x,0,100)
10. Resolved issue with derivative of composition e.g. (g(x^2))'
11. Resolved issue with desolve([y''-2*y'/x+(9+2/x^2)*y=x*exp(x),y(pi/6)=0,y(pi/3)=0],y)
12. Make SVD (SVL) work on rectangular matrices.
13. Change interpretation of A/B where B is a square matrix to inv(B)*A with a warning
14. Resolved issue with integer factorization.
15. Make limit(1/x^2,x,0) return +infinity instead of unsigned infinity
16. Resolved issue with laplace(exp(a*x),x,t)
17. Resolved issue with ilaplace(exp(-3x))
18. Resolved issue with sigma notation
19. Resolved issue with sign (-> also fixes laplace(x))
20. Make ifactor return an error if number too large
21. Resolved issue with recursion issue in geometry objects evaluation
22. Resolved issue with inv((5.+8i)^200)
23. Resolved issue with tan(54) in degree mode
24. Resolved issue with matrix/vector * object, if one arg to * is approx, evalf the other one with current context modes (instead of null context).
25. Extend cholesky to hermitian complex matrices
26. Resolved issue with ifactor(nextprime(alog10(17))*nextprime(alog10(19)));
27. Resolved issue with collect(sqrt(4x^2)) and for solve(-x+1=surd(-x^3+7,3));
28. Resolved issue with int(int(sqrt(x+y),x,0,1),y,0,1)
29. pa2b2(2) now returns [1,1]
30. legendre_symbol and jacobi_symbol now accept negative first argument
31. Resolved issue with algebraic extension with i inside
32. op added to list of non auto simplified operators + dichotomic search
33. Default interval changed for parabola
34. Make left and right accept an integer represented as a double as 2nd argument
35. Set max list size to 10 000 and compute factorial exactly up to 1000 on hardware
36. Resolved issue with hadamard on numeric matrices
37. Size limit check added for $, Ans support for SCALE/SCALEADD/...
38. Resolved issue with re/im/abs e.g. im(sqrt(x)+1)
39. Size check added for JordanBlock, fix for solve with fractional powers,
40. Resolved issue with iPart with neg argument
41. element added to the list of functions that should not be auto simplified
42. RANDMAT with one argument accepted.
43. Changes for triple matrix norm (l1norm, l2norm, linfnorm)
44. Resolved issue with resultant with num coeffs
45. mat2list sets HP list subtype for the result.
46. Resolved issue with plotfunc(normald(x))
47. area now accepts a function plot as first argument, 2nd argument a..b, or 2nd argument a, 3rd argument b, returns area under curve. For a parametric plot, a and b are the parameter range.
48. ifactor check added for qsieve failure
49. Resolved issue with ARG in degree
50. Resolved issue with fPart/iPart for negative/complex arguments
51. Resolved issue with asin(sin(pi))) and acos(cos(pi)) in degree
52. Change for [] in CAS: start at 1
53. Resolved issue with definite integral with inf boundary in degree mode
54. Replace warning by error for recursive definition except for when/ifte/program
55. Improve non-directional limit, e.g. limit(1/abs(x),x,0)
56. Enable for and if as lowercase synonyms for FOR and IF in the CAS.
57. Make REDIM and REPLACE (CAS version) accept a matrix instead of a variable name as 1st arg.
58. Resolved issue with regroup(inf) and for FP
59. Resolved issue with poisson_cdf with 3 arguments
60. Resolved issue with circle tangent, using relative error instead of absolute error.
61. Handling of inequalities with approximate coefficients using an exact conversion
62. jordan for numeric matrix with exact coefficients but no exact eigenvalue converting to approx.
63. Resolved issue with assume(s<0); sign(s)
64. Tangent for conics now use rational parametric equation
65. Resolved issue with a%%b if b is not an integer
66. Resolved issue with locus, fix for table print/parse
67. Resolved issue with l2norm
68. Re-set angle mode in isopolygon.
69. Leave propfrac unsimplified
70. Make sum eval approx if exact mode is not checked
71. Boolean operators now return 1/0
72. Resolved issue with col, suppress and makemat (indices starting at 1)
73. Better handling for some 4th order equations.
74. Set complex_variables to false in arcLen so that arcLen(x^2,x,0,1) works if Complex is checked.
75. Additional check for duplicate argument name in CAS program exit.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2014, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 05:32 PM by eried.)
RE: New Version: 2014.0331
Thanks! small Xmas (like when you forgot you order something and it arrives, sp cap Big Grin)

PS: Firmware verification looks strangely similar to TI's boot process... (sigh)

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2014, 05:12 PM
I just saw it in the HP FTP.

Very cool !

http://mic.nic.free.fr - Youtube - Facebook
05-27-2014, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 05:50 PM by phgerin.)
Thanks !
The new geometry app is amazing and fast!

Bug? When darwing à triangle, you cant select the edges to use them with another command (perpendicular for example)
05-27-2014, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 06:30 PM by eried.)
First impressions:
1) Screen flickering is still there, at first glance was heavy flicker (like notorious white lines):

Later (after ON+Symb) it seemed to go back to normal (still lots of, but mainly in moving stuff + titlebar + any statusbar, not the whole screen as on the first boot).

2) Something happened in the Connectivity kit now, it looks even uglier:
[Image: Image%202014-05-27%20at%201.51.08%20PM.png]

Brochure of features:
* Small with big icons.
* Flat icons mixed with isometric icons.
* Why that combobox is so massive? Is this the first mock up GUI that got into the setup by mistake?

3) Geometry app looks much less flickery! nice!

4) Disabled data-streamer icon looks ugly, why is even there? If there is a way to detect the presence of that device in the main menu why the icon just does not appears and gets focus when I plug the hp streamsmart?

5) CAS functions on the program editor now :O I know a guy who will be happy about that. No send button and "Save" should say "Save as" or "Save copy as", etc.

6) The skins have some misplaced comments (shift says alpha, alpha says sto, etc) not important, just nitpicking.
[Image: Image%202014-05-27%20at%202.16.47%20PM.png]

This was a quick check. This message is Finnish.

05-27-2014, 06:28 PM
new INPUT syntax is not very clear. Help should include examples.

05-27-2014, 06:45 PM
I made a video with the main changes :

05-27-2014, 06:49 PM
(05-27-2014 04:39 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Older Prime hardware (Revision A) does support this release, however the wireless, unit-to-unit, and data streamer functionality is not supported on earlier models.

I'm having a hard time parsing this. Does "earlier models" noted here refer to Revision A, or somthing earlier than that?
05-27-2014, 06:55 PM
(05-27-2014 06:49 PM)spinkham Wrote:  I'm having a hard time parsing this. Does "earlier models" noted here refer to Revision A

Yes.

TW

05-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Where can I download the new firmware and connectivity kit.
My "Check for update" always stucks at "connecting".

even after several de- and reinstallation...
05-27-2014, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 07:01 PM by Tim Wessman.)
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

TW

05-27-2014, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 07:04 PM by Tim Wessman.)
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

Note the forum automatically adds http:// in front of anything link like, so make sure you copy/paste the relevant part instead of clicking it. If you can't connect to it from your end automatically from the program, a firewall, a proxy or similar thing is preventing connection from the program. Uninstalling/reinstall won't fix that sort of thing.

TW

05-27-2014, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 08:06 PM by Anderson Costa.)
The apps appear in emulator doubled...is this an issue on REV. 6031???
PS: Issue resolved...I accidentally deleted all apps and the emulator restarted and the Apps isn't doubled!
05-27-2014, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 08:51 PM by Tugdual.)
I'm sure I'm going to whine, moan and pester in the incoming weeks but for now I just want to celebrate the new version and send a big THANK to the team for the good work.

Many new features that I'm anxious to discover, especially the geometry module. I saw the Win CE version on Jordana years ago and loved it and I found the Prime version a bit under expectation. Downloading...

Edit: finally zoom with two fingers. Love it...
Still no 3D :-(
05-27-2014, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 09:51 PM by Kevin Ouellet.)
Will it be possible to get our revision A models with no unit-to-unit/wireless capabilities exchanged for free (shipping included) when the revision B models come out? When we bought hardware A models, they were advertised with not-yet-implemented wifi capabilities, meaning that we expected that feature to come out at a later date in eventual OS updates. Now we get told that to get that feature we'll have to buy a second HP Prime with hardware B and we were not told that the original hardware doesn't support it. It's not that I really want this feature, but more of a complaint about false advertising in the initial HP Prime release.

On a better note, I managed to upgrade my calc fine, as well as the two softwares, and like the new features.

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
05-27-2014, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 11:17 PM by CR Haeger.)
(05-27-2014 08:06 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  I'm sure I'm going to whine, moan and pester in the incoming weeks but for now I just want to celebrate the new version and send a big THANK to the team for the good work.

Many new features that I'm anxious to discover, especially the geometry module. I saw the Win CE version on Jordana years ago and loved it and I found the Prime version a bit under expectation. Downloading...

Edit: finally zoom with two fingers. Love it...
Still no 3D :-(

Art: The little lights... they aren't twinkling.
Clark: I know, Art. Thanks for noticing.

Yes - thanks to the team on another great firmware update! I especially appreciate the improvements to HELP as I will always need some...

PS (edit): my handhelds user spreadsheets contents appear deleted after update. Is there a suggested method to reload backups of these or xfer from the (unupdated) emulator?
05-27-2014, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 10:46 PM by Dougggg.)
wasnt sure if I need a new thread for problems, Maybe A bug but on the new frimware, I cant get data from the Apps to transfer to the connectivity kit from the calculator

for Example
on a spreadsheet is blank in the connectivity kit
also formulas didnt transfer to connectivity kit in the Advanced Graphing App
a program in the app will transfer but nothing else

is this a bug or is it different now?

Update: it appears my connectivity kit didnt up date, now it works ok, although it appears old data wont transfer to the calculator
05-27-2014, 10:54 PM
Older Prime hardware (Revision A) does support this release, however the wireless, unit-to-unit, and data streamer functionality is not supported on earlier models.

What's the current hw revision? Is there a way to tell by the packaging? I have Rev A and would like to get a more recent model. With my luck, though, if I just go out and buy one at random, it'll also be the A version. I'd like to know how to tell without having to cut the bubble (sounds like a euphemism!)

Tom L
Cui bono?
05-27-2014, 10:59 PM
(05-27-2014 10:54 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
Older Prime hardware (Revision A) does support this release, however the wireless, unit-to-unit, and data streamer functionality is not supported on earlier models.

What's the current hw revision? Is there a way to tell by the packaging? I have Rev A and would like to get a more recent model. With my luck, though, if I just go out and buy one at random, it'll also be the A version. I'd like to know how to tell without having to cut the bubble (sounds like a euphemism!)

Mine is also a CN3XXXX... I mean A version, and I am sure all the ones here in my country will be A for several years.

Anyone has a B? (And wants to take a peek inside to compare?)

05-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Just in time for Calculus. That is great!

Now, in the Geometry App, if I uncheck Labels in the Geometry Plot Setup, the labels of the figures still show. I have to remove them one by one, by moving the cursor over the appropriate figure until menu [Options] appears on the menu bar and then selecting {hide Label]. Is this supposed to be the way it works now?

Thanks!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)