HP Personal Calculator Digest Volume 5
12-05-2019, 01:06 AM
HP Personal Calculator Digest Volume 5
I am looking for this article: Foley, M. 1979. HP-67/97 programs. The Hewlett-Packard Personal Calculator Digest 5:9.
If some of you have the magazine, I would greatly appreciate a PDF of the cited article. I enclose an image of the magazine cover

Pedro

Attached File(s)
.pdf  HP Personal Digest VOL 5.pdf (Size: 399.95 KB / Downloads: 96)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: HP Personal Calculator Digest Volume 5
It's available on the MoHPC DVD set. This is a must for every HP calculator aficionado :-)
12-05-2019, 07:32 PM
(12-05-2019 07:12 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  It's available on the MoHPC DVD set. This is a must for every HP calculator aficionado :-)
Jurgen you are right, but I only need few pages of one issue

Pedro
12-05-2019, 08:03 PM
https://calc.fjk.ch/library/thank_you_beep.pdf

Maybe this helps
12-05-2019, 10:00 PM
(12-05-2019 01:06 AM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  I am looking for this article: Foley, M. 1979. HP-67/97 programs. The Hewlett-Packard Personal Calculator Digest 5:9.

There is no such article in this magazine. On page 9 of the Hewlett-Packard Personal Calculator Digest #5, there is just a list of HP-67/97 solutions books and application pacs. As the reference you're looking for appears in a newsletter from 1981 to be related to forestry (Resources Evaluation Newsletter, Volume 10, the following extract should be relevant, however I don't know where you can find the content of this forestry solution book.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-06-2019, 01:30 AM
(12-05-2019 10:00 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  
(12-05-2019 01:06 AM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  I am looking for this article: Foley, M. 1979. HP-67/97 programs. The Hewlett-Packard Personal Calculator Digest 5:9.

There is no such article in this magazine. On page 9 of the Hewlett-Packard Personal Calculator Digest #5, there is just a list of HP-67/97 solutions books and application pacs. As the reference you're looking for appears in a newsletter from 1981 to be related to forestry (Resources Evaluation Newsletter, Volume 10, the following extract should be relevant, however I don't know where you can find the content of this forestry solution book.

It was initially confusing, however it turns out the editor is Mona Foley, and the section on those pages (actually 6-10) is a catalog-style description of the 67/97 and listings of the various programs available for it in Solution Books and Application Pacs, which is what Pedro was looking for, but I agree 'article' is a bit misleading.

--Bob Prosperi
12-07-2019, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2019 09:03 PM by PedroLeiva.)
(12-05-2019 08:03 PM)Uli Wrote:  https://calc.fjk.ch/library/thank_you_beep.pdf

Maybe this helps
Yes thanks, this is the link from were I took the magazine frontpage. Unfortunately without the Table of Contents,

Pedro
12-07-2019, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2019 09:12 PM by PedroLeiva.)
Good morning to all. I thank Robert Prosperi very much for the clarifications he made to the Forum. I want to explain the reason of my request. In the following publication about forestry https://environment.yale.edu/gregoire/do...o10_81.pdf , the bibliography textual quotation is: Froley, M. (ed.). 1979. HP-67/97 programs. The Hewlett-Packard Personal Calculator Digest 5: 9.

I thought it described some calculation program, but it was simply a catalog, which has nothing to do with a reference to the cited paper, it is also badly done in relation to the number and location of the pages. However you will wonder how I obtained the cover of the magazine, because on the web I found this excerpt http://www.decadecounter.com/readingroom...u_beep.pdf . Someone extracted an article from the magazine and added the cover, unfortunately without the table of content index that would have allowed me to know it was not what I was looking for. This corresponds to what Uli uploaded to the Forum.

I thank the people who sent me the PDF with the contents of HP-67/97 of the magazine. I congratulate Didier Lachieze for discovering that the theme that motivated the original author citation is HP67 Forestry Application Pac, which describes the programs of forest cubing and calculation of wood production. This compilation interests me a lot, maybe I will ask Dave Hicks to sell it to me from his collection. The original HP67 program, by the authors Rockwood & Riman (1981) of 188 steps (from the link in the first paragraph), will be very difficult to find after 38 years.

Pedro
12-08-2019, 04:33 AM
Hi, PedroLeiva:

Have you seen this ?

Forestry Programs for Programmable Calculators

Hope it helps.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2019, 08:56 AM
(12-08-2019 04:33 AM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  .
Hi, PedroLeiva:

Have you seen this ?

Forestry Programs for Programmable Calculators

Hope it helps.
V.
Thank you Valentin. Yes I have this publication, a 23 pages with citations and a brief description of forestry programs, many of them for HP-67; but not the program keystrokes, instructions and examples. In 1982 there were no internet, so no links to each program is possible.

Pedro

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)