Split HP35
04-19-2020, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2020 04:38 AM by teenix.)
Split HP35
Hi all,

Not that I've seen lots of Classic cases before, but I haven't seen this split setup. It looks factory.

Any clues?

[Image: split35.jpg]

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2020, 04:57 AM
RE: Split HP35
I thought the power switch was broken on this HP-35, but turns out the switch height is about half the size of other Classics.

cheers

Tony

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-19-2020, 06:33 AM
Hi Tony,

This can be found on early version 2 HP-35. When I saw the battery compartment I immediately guessed (right) it's serial is 1143A...
You surely will find ON/OFF printed not moulded. Also the flat power switch is found often with early version 2. I guess key '5' has the raised dot and maybe the power bridge at charger-in is painted black.
Chances are it has the 2.02 bug ...
As I read people think for early version 2 they used stock remainders from version 1 (red dot).

Andi
04-19-2020, 08:22 AM
(04-19-2020 06:33 AM)AndiGer Wrote:  Hi Tony,

This can be found on early version 2 HP-35. When I saw the battery compartment I immediately guessed (right) it's serial is 1143A...
You surely will find ON/OFF printed not moulded. Also the flat power switch is found often with early version 2. I guess key '5' has the raised dot and maybe the power bridge at charger-in is painted black.
Chances are it has the 2.02 bug ...
As I read people think for early version 2 they used stock remainders from version 1 (red dot).

Andi

Thanks Andi.

I am refurbishing some Classics, one 35 has the 2.02 bug, the split 35 doesn't. Both have raised dots on the [5] key, and the On/Off is printed. The charger bridge is brass, but may have been cleaned or replaced at some stage. Both suffered from weak keyboard to CPU connector pins where age has made them lose their tension. I managed to fix them and both are working nicely.

I can see why they changed the design, the split one also had an intermittent wiring fault and getting into it is not much fun. It must have been a challenge to manufacture them.

cheers

Tony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)