[VA] New update #009 available in my HP site (12 new files 12)
12-05-2019, 04:08 PM
[VA] New update #009 available in my HP site (12 new files 12)

Hi, all:

I've been uploading a new update (#009) to my brand-new HP-related site, namely the following 12 files 12 (which you can download for free in PDF or JPG formats):

1. One Program
  • HP Program VA344 - HP-34C Solving Quartic Equations

• 4-page paper featuring a 175-step RPN program for the HP-34C, HP-67 and HP-97 programmable calculators to compute simultaneously and non-iteratively all four real and/or complex roots of a general 4th-degree (or less) polynomial equation with real coefficients, using exact formulas. The HP-34C's SOLVE function is not used and all four real and/or complex roots are computed at once in 15-20 seconds at most with full precision.

It will also work in the HP-15C, the HP-41C series and posibly other RPN models with very minimal changes (detailed in the Notes). Four worked examples are included, solving three quartics and one cubic equation.

2. Three Pictures
  • Other Picture VA501 - ARISTO STUDIO 868

• This is my beautiful ARISTO STUDIO 868 slide rule, made in Germany by ARISTO [...]
  • Other Picture VA502 - ARISTO STUDIO 868

• This is my beautiful ARISTO STUDIO 868 slide rule, made in Germany by ARISTO [... (front scales) ...]
  • Other Picture VA503 - ARISTO STUDIO 868

• This is my beautiful ARISTO STUDIO 868 slide rule, made in Germany by ARISTO [... (back scales) ...]

3. Three HP Selected Threads
  • HP Thread VA000 - HP-41-42 style RPN challenge
  • HP Thread VA001 - hp 71b
  • HP Thread VA002 - HP71 ROM module functions A

4. One Book Review and two pictures of its covers
  • SHARP Book Review VA001 - Problem Solving on the TRS-80 Pocket Computer

• This is my 6-page comprehensive review of the book Problem Solving on the TRS-80 Pocket Computer - Self-Teaching Guide by Don Inman and Jim Conlan, a self-teaching guide for readers to thoroughly get to know and efficiently use the title pocket computer but equally valid for the SHARP PC-1210, PC-1211 and PC-1212 models. All 12 Chapters and 5 Appendices are reviewed in detail, then I give my final Conclusion.
  • SHARP Book Review VA001 - Problem Solving on the TRS-80 Pocket Computer (Front Cover)
  • SHARP Book Review VA001 - Problem Solving on the TRS-80 Pocket Computer (Back Cover)

... and last but not least ...

5. Two nice FractVal Pictures
  • Misc Picture VA200 - Family Ties                  {Notice both a Mandelbrot and a Mandelbar (aka Tricorn) visible at the same time in this picture.}
  • Misc Picture VA242 - Star Trek Nexus           {A cosmic string ["Nexus"] travelling across the Universe at the speed of light.}

That's all, hope you enjoy them !  Comments welcome !! (the more the merrier ...)

New update (#010) will be announced here next Wednesday 11th

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)