[VA] New update #008 available in my HP site (11 new files 11)
11-27-2019, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2019 03:51 AM by Valentin Albillo.)
[VA] New update #008 available in my HP site (11 new files 11)

Hi, all:

I've been uploading a new update (#008) to my brand-new HP-related site, namely the following 11 files 11 (which you can download for free in PDF or JPG formats):

1. One Program
  • HP Program VA414 - HP-41C Dice Rolling with Graphics

• 3-page paper featuring a 90- (st) or 62- (sp) step RPN program for the HP-41C programmable calculator series to simulate randomly throwing two dice, which are then printed graphically followed by their sum. It includes a subroutine which can be globally called from other programs or from the keyboard to accumulate in the printer buffer the graphics for any single die face. Both Standard and Synthetic Programming versions are included.

2. Two Pictures
  • HP Picture VA161 - HP-16C

• This is my HP-16C, a fantastic HP calculator with the outstanding quality inherent to all Voyager Series models, and which still looks and works like new despite being nearly 40 years old by now (2019).
  • HP Picture VA355 - HP-35s

• The back plate of my HP-35s, an early model which was presented to me at the time it was released. Notice it doesn't seem to have a serial number engraved.

3. Three HP Selected Threads
  • HP Thread VA268 - Gamma and Factorial for 12C 12CP
  • HP Thread VA313 - Lambert W (HP-12Cp)
  • HP Thread VA315 - HP-71 matrix methods (LU decomp)

4. One Book Review and two pictures of its covers
  • HP Book Review VA001 - A Guide to HP Handheld Calculators and Computers

• This is my 5-page review of the book “A Guide to HP Handheld Calculators and Computers”, Fifth Edition, by W. A. C. Mier-Jedrzejowicz, Ph.D., a book mainly addressed to all those people interested in Hewlett-Packard's vintage handheld calculators and (mainly small) computers, either for collecting purposes, to know their history and characteristics or both. [...]
  • HP Book Review VA001 - A Guide to HP Handheld Calculators and Computers (Front cover)
  • HP Book Review VA001 - A Guide to HP Handheld Calculators and Computers (Back Cover)

... and last but not least ...

5. Two nice FractVal Pictures
  • Misc Picture VA254 - Day Jungle            {Luxurious fractal jungle in daylight. Same geometry as VA255 but different color palette}
  • Misc Picture VA255 - Night Jungle          {Luxurious fractal jungle at night. Same geometry as VA254 but different color palette}

That's all, hope you enjoy them !  Comments welcome !! (as if ...)

New update (#009) will be announced here next Thursday 5th
but if you'd rather not wait I'll be silently uploading one or two new files every (other) day or so, which you can find about by periodically checking the Latest Additions section at my site for new files.

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2019, 04:06 PM
RE: [VA] New update #008 available in my HP site (11 new files 11)
Thank you for continuing to upload your work. I look forward to reading as much of it as possible.

Dave
Find all posts by this user
11-28-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: [VA] New update #008 available in my HP site (11 new files 11)
Hi, David:

(11-28-2019 04:06 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  Thank you for continuing to upload your work. I look forward to reading as much of it as possible.

Thank you very much for your appreciations and kind words, I do really hope that you enjoy the reading and find worthwile and interesting topics. Right now I'm uploading about 10 files/week but as soon as I can scan paper documents again I intend to significantly increase the rate.

Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)