Does anyone here use the HP 12C apps in the Google Play Store?
11-01-2023, 04:42 AM
Hi

https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?i...l=en&gl=US

The review feedback comments don't give much confidence in the App working, would be great to hear some feedback from anyone here who uses these Apps,

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2023, 05:08 AM
RE: Does anyone here use the HP 12C apps in the Google Play Store?
I've seen these apps before but they are listed as not compatible with my phone. Then I found the Free42 app and it worked great for me.

HP-12C Gold / HP-12C Platinum
11-01-2023, 05:12 AM
The app works fine on my Galaxy S20+. The negative reviews seem to almost exclusively be from idiots who don't know how to change the settings (for things like locking landscape mode or turning on vibration feedback). It's totally unfair that the rating is as low as it is.

That said, I believe there are much cheaper (maybe even free) third-party 12c clones that work just fine.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2023, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2023 07:32 AM by Steve Simpkin.)
The Touch RPN google app emulates all Voyager calculators including the HP-10C, HP-11C, HP-12C, HP-12C Platinum, HP-15C and HP-16C models. The free version of this app has all Voyager models but shows ads in the corner.

It is also available for IOS.

The main STENDEC Info Calculators and utilities site contains on-line Emulators of the entire "Voyager" HP calculator series including the HP-10C, HP-11C, HP-12C, HP-12C Platinum, HP-15C and HP-16C models. Also has links to IOS and Android "Touch RPN" app versions (free and paid) of these same models. The free version of these apps shows ads.

I also have a list of links to various emulators at my HP Calculator Emulators/Simulators page.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2023, 08:15 AM
Thank you everyone for your responses, always very informative and helpful, thank you.
11-01-2023, 09:46 AM
While wanting a real HP11c or 15c for decades, I tried all the emulators I could find. I think they are best on a phone, which you can use hand-held like the real thing.

I think the Touch series are the best. They have the best rendering and and general usability, even better than the more expensive HP-written apps. I've got Touch 11i and Touch 15i which is a great test-bench for exploring and trying things to then put on my new 15c CE. Both those apps are now superceded and covered by Touch RPN, where you can buy ad-free versions of any Yoyagers that you wish, or use free ad-supported ones.
11-01-2023, 12:25 PM
A bit late, but the HP 12C (and 12CP and 15C) apps work fine on my Pixel 6 Pro. As Eric commented, most of the comments there are from folks without a clue, no idea why they have problems, the programs are rock solid. My only complaint is I wish they would trade Square Root on the vertical format 12C mode to %, but it's the same as on the 15C so I get it why they keep it that way.

--Bob Prosperi
11-01-2023, 01:09 PM
My personal favorite 12c emulator for Android is go00c by Olivier De Smet. Although the installation is a bit more complicated for beginners (you need a copy of the 12c ROM, e.g. from nonpareil), but the alphanumeric display of program steps makes up for this.

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C
11-05-2023, 12:17 PM
Got all three app HP-12C, 12CP and 15C

All work great especially the 15C for me is even

better than the real HP-15C for the computation speed.

For the Touch Series App I like that program can be save and load

individually so I can call any save program quickly to use.

Gamo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)