HP41C polyester keyboard surface, polyester overlays etc.... searching for material
11-04-2022, 06:15 AM
HP41C polyester keyboard surface, polyester overlays etc.... searching for material
Greetings, RKIs...

This is not for HP41 stuff, but I am using the surface of HP41 (and HP71B) keyboard area as an example of the material I seek. The factory HP41 keyboard overlays also seem similar, as well as some aftermarket ones back in 80s.

I believe same/similar material is used on front panels of later HP scopes, logic analyzers etc. Mfgrs of these panel overlays use various methods to print on them or so a print layer and then use an adhesive polyester protective layer.

It's likely textured polyester, and may even have a tad of alum oxide wear layer.

I once found a supply of such clear(-ish) such material in sheet form and lost track
of its source/mfgr.

Am interested in doing some front panel work for some gear in metal boxes (the idea is you print to a plasticized paper sheet - perhaps w color laser, and it has sticky layer on bottom. Then you apply the adhesive protective polyester on top and then stick the whole assemblage on to your panel.

Pointers welcome. This is for small volume "nice homebrew" prototyping, not something where I contract out for, say, 1000 panel overlays with a vendor.

Thanks.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2022, 02:30 PM
RE: HP41C polyester keyboard surface, polyester overlays etc.... searching for material
This place might help you out.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)