Hardware B?
10-28-2019, 09:12 AM
Hardware B?
I have five Primes: 1 HW A, 2 HW C (old keyboard), 1 HW C (new keyboard), 1 HW D.

Was there ever a Hardware B version? If so, I'd like to trade one of my HW C (old keyboard) units for it! You could move up a version for free!

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2019, 01:03 PM
RE: Hardware B?
(10-28-2019 09:12 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I have five Primes: 1 HW A, 2 HW C (old keyboard), 1 HW C (new keyboard), 1 HW D.

Was there ever a Hardware B version? If so, I'd like to trade one of my HW C (old keyboard) units for it! You could move up a version for free!

Hardware "B" was never released commercially; rumors persist some "B" units were released to early beta testers, but no hard facts or evidence have emerged; maybe this thread will prove otherwise. B versions would have been created as part of the redesign to resolve EMI issues found in Rev A h/w, eventually solved with the Rev C h/w.

--Bob Prosperi
10-28-2019, 01:20 PM
(10-28-2019 01:03 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(10-28-2019 09:12 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I have five Primes: 1 HW A, 2 HW C (old keyboard), 1 HW C (new keyboard), 1 HW D.

Hardware "B" was never released commercially; rumors persist some "B" units were released to early beta testers, but no hard facts or evidence have emerged; maybe this thread will prove otherwise. B versions would have been created as part of the redesign to resolve EMI issues found in Rev A h/w, eventually solved with the Rev C h/w.

Thanks for the reply. I guess if there are any B units out there, they'd go for a high price to people like me. I'll keep my eye out in any case. If any were made at all, at least one could still be out there.

Tom L
Cui bono?
10-29-2019, 12:08 AM
I don't believe I even ever saw one. I think they had a design and then decided to make some more changes. That is from memory a long time ago, but pretty sure there never were any labeled "B". We were just told to call them "C" by the manufacturer...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)