Apparently there is a Random matrix making limitation...
10-02-2019, 12:32 AM
Apparently there is a Random matrix making limitation...
The Version C with 32MB ram can not make a random matrix more than 141 by 141...This same limitation is also on the G2 with 256 MB ram, the G2 also can only do up to a 141 by 141 matrix in RANDMAT command......Apparently there is a software limitation that is independent of available memory...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2019, 12:53 AM
RE: Apparently there is a Random matrix making limitation...
20000 items....

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-02-2019, 01:03 AM
One would think that the much higher RAM in the G2 would carry over the ratio between the largest number of items...That 20,000 was in a calc with 32MB, and that same limit in a 256MB calc changes a lot the ratio of items to memory...Shouldn't the limit be higher with 8 times the RAM?
10-02-2019, 02:07 AM
The primary reason for the limits is interaction with the 2D graphical display. Needs to have work done there to block things from being displayed when too large....

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-02-2019, 04:38 AM
(10-02-2019 02:07 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  The primary reason for the limits is interaction with the 2D graphical display. Needs to have work done there to block things from being displayed when too large....

Large displays now default to a truncated view that you have the option to show fully or not...With that in mind, I feel the user should be able to choise the upper limit of how many items can be handled...
10-02-2019, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 12:47 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
Just in case it is not clear, that 20 000 item limitation (actually 20 000-1) applies to all matrices/vectors, not just random ones.
Also, note that if you are performing an operation that requires a mat2list... The practical limit is 10 000 and a crash may occur if larger.
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13621.html
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13...#pid120795

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2019, 07:06 AM
(10-02-2019 02:07 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  The primary reason for the limits is interaction with the 2D graphical display. Needs to have work done there to block things from being displayed when too large....

Even if you don't allow their entire display, I'd like to be able to use large matrices in a program anyway.

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)