HP-48/49/50 emulation on iOS
Yesterday, 12:13 AM
RE: HP-48/49/50 emulation on iOS
Opened my M48+ app today on my iPhone and it launched and closed immediately. Same thing happened on my iPad. Both were recently updated to IOS 14.2 and this has apparently killed the app.

Very bummed as I've been using this app nearly daily for years. Have known this day was likely coming but it still stinks.

Have many programs from my actual HP48 ported over to the iPhone/Pad because I carry the phone with me all the time whereas the HP48 stays at home on my desk.

Really hope someone is able to resurrect the app and deal with the Apple ROM download/copyright issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 05:03 AM
Sounds like a good time to upgrade to an Android phone. Emu48 works amazingly well on Android. No reason to be stuck with an iPhone when superior Android phones exist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yesterday, 12:14 PM
(Yesterday 12:13 AM)E63S4Me Wrote:  Opened my M48+ app today on my iPhone and it launched and closed immediately. Same thing happened on my iPad. Both were recently updated to IOS 14.2 and this has apparently killed the app.

Very bummed as I've been using this app nearly daily for years. Have known this day was likely coming but it still stinks.

Have many programs from my actual HP48 ported over to the iPhone/Pad because I carry the phone with me all the time whereas the HP48 stays at home on my desk.

Really hope someone is able to resurrect the app and deal with the Apple ROM download/copyright issue.
I got the same problem once I upgraded to iOS14.2, I managed to solve it by reinstalling the application from the ipa. I made a backup of the installation file (.ipa) years ago when iTunes permitted so. The version I have is 1.3.3 which isn’t the last one.
Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Hi,

I've purchased iMazing to be able to install m48+ from my older iPhone to my new iPhone 12, but I can't make it work.

I already have a "m48+.imazingapp" file, so I launch iMazing, open and connect to my new iPhone, go to "app manager" and drop the file there. After that iMazing reinstall the all iPhone system and tries to download m48+ from app store... Sad

What am I doing wrong? How can I retrieve the m48+ from my older iPhone to my new iPhone 12?

Please help, Thanks!
Yesterday, 06:17 PM
Just thinking out loud here -- would it be an option to build m48 and/or m48+ with newRPL built into the app, so that it would be able to run without needing to download a ROM from an external server, and thus pass the review process? I'm guessing that the capability of downloading ROMs isn't the issue, it's the requirement of downloading a ROM before the app is even functional.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)