G2 usb does not seem to work
09-18-2019, 05:13 AM
G2 usb does not seem to work
I can't get my G2 to connect to the connectivity kit. I have an older Prime and it connects fine but the G2 won't. When I connect the usb to the G2 it will charge but it will not connect. I've tried update mode and get nothing there either. I can't transfer anything between two calculators with the transfer cable. I have uninstalled and re-installed the connection kit and tried multiple cables and different computers, windows 7 and windows 10. The calculator itself works fine and it charges fine. When I bought it about 2 months ago I transferred the programs I use at work to it with the connection kit and had no problem. Now I wanted to transfer a newer version of one of the programs to it and I can't do it. I even tried resetting it to factory and that didn't work.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

CD Dodds
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2019, 06:16 AM
RE: G2 usb does not seem to work
(09-18-2019 05:13 AM)cdodds Wrote:  I can't get my G2 to connect to the connectivity kit. I have an older Prime and it connects fine but the G2 won't. When I connect the usb to the G2 it will charge but it will not connect. I've tried update mode and get nothing there either. I can't transfer anything between two calculators with the transfer cable. I have uninstalled and re-installed the connection kit and tried multiple cables and different computers, windows 7 and windows 10. The calculator itself works fine and it charges fine. When I bought it about 2 months ago I transferred the programs I use at work to it with the connection kit and had no problem. Now I wanted to transfer a newer version of one of the programs to it and I can't do it. I even tried resetting it to factory and that didn't work.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
Are you using the USB cable that came with it? If not, try a different one from the one you are using. Some USB cables are for charging only and don't have the data lines.

Tom L
Cui bono?
09-18-2019, 01:19 PM
Use your warranty
It sounds like you have tried just about everything. Do you have any contact cleaner? If so, use it on the Micro USB port and try your best cable(s) again.

After trying that, if there is still no joy, it should be processed as a return under Warranty.

Alan
09-18-2019, 01:50 PM
RE: G2 usb does not seem to work
[/quote]
Are you using the USB cable that came with it? If not, try a different one from the one you are using. Some USB cables are for charging only and don't have the data lines.
[/quote]

I have tried several of the original cables that came with my calculators. The older calculator shows up in the connection kit but the G2 doesn't. I took it back to Best Buy and they looked at the usb port and said it looked fine but had no way of testing it. I'll try to clean the contacts and see if that makes any difference. At first I thought maybe it was some sort of driver issue but now am leaning toward a hardware issue.

Thanks

CD Dodds

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)