Update of Emu71 to v1.06
05-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Update of Emu71 to v1.06
Emu71 v1.06 is available at http://hp.giesselink.com.

This is a maintenance update. In addition to the common changes made in all of my emulators, larger parts of the external module handling has been rewritten for better readability. A complete list of bugfixes and changes is available here.

This is the end of the actual emulator maintenance round. The actual versions of Emu28 (v1.28) and Emu42 (v1.18) may cause a program dead lock on host PC's without a sound chip/card. This occur mainly in connection with an OS of the Win9x series. Host PC's with a sound chip and the latest versions of Emu48 (v1.56) and Emu71 (v1.06) are not affected by this bug.

Christoph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2014, 02:23 AM
RE: Update of Emu71 to v1.06
A must-have for any serious 71B aficionado. Thanks, Mr. Simulator.
Find all posts by this user
05-21-2014, 11:20 AM
I will upgrade and try it later this week.
Thank you for continuously improving yours emulators.
Best regards,
Sylvain
05-22-2014, 08:48 PM
Thank you for your beautiful work. Your emulator is awesome!!!

Namir
05-22-2014, 10:45 PM
Excellent news, thanks Christoph. Since I've just ordered a Pil-Box from JF, I suppose I should get this going as well. I've found the ROM files for the OS, but are other plug-in ROMs supported in the emulator? Forth, HP-IL and Math were available IIRC.

And wow, can the emulator with HP-IL ROM talk to the Pil-BOX?

An emulated Forth ROM in an emulated 71B with emulated HP-IL talking to an emulated 9114. Thats surreal!

--Bob Prosperi
05-22-2014, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 11:05 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
Emu71/Win supports whatever plug-in ROM for which you can create an image. If you look closely in the manual there's a hint that it even supports the elusive Diagnostic ROM!
The emulator supports the PIL-Box beautifully and it can access all the LIF images on the FTP site as well without a 9114 when used with ILPER.

Dave
05-22-2014, 11:10 PM
(05-22-2014 10:57 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Emu71/Win supports whatever plug-in ROM for which you can create an image. If you look closely in the manual there's a hint that it even supports the elusive Diagnostic ROM!
The emulator supports the PIL-Box beautifully and it can access all the LIF images on the FTP site as well without a 9114.

Dave

Thanks for confirming Dave. In an odd coincidence, I just finished downloading ALL of the contents of the FTP site. Now if only I had a few months to intimately re-acquaint myself with my 71B...

Does anyone know if John Baker is still in the HP loop? He was quite an amazing contributor in the early 71B days, with all kinds of LEX files, apps, utilities, etc. He was very generous sharing all kinds of programs, suggestions, obscure tech info, whatever. Hope he's still around here somewhere.

--Bob Prosperi
05-22-2014, 11:17 PM
I don't know about John Baker's, but I did combine all of Joe Horn's LEX files into a single LIF archive.
05-22-2014, 11:34 PM
(05-22-2014 11:17 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  I don't know about John Baker's, but I did combine all of Joe Horn's LEX files into a single LIF archive.

Yes! Thanks for that Dave! And yes indeed, some of John's stuff is in there. That thread is one of the key things (that and Joe's infectious enthusiam) that prodded me into dusting off my 71B, ordering the Pil-Box and getting ready to go old-school with my 71. Though I had it running again recently (after being stored for 10+ years, maybe 15) I had pretty much set it aside again thinking I needed a 9114 drive to get any archived stuff into and back out of the 71. No backups to PC = no more time invested - I'm too old for that kind of frustration - I have a job for that.

Once Joe's site emerged with all the separated programs (with LEX, BIN, docs, source, etc) I grabbed each of the new ZIPs and made a big ZIP of the ZIPs. Its not that I don't think these sites will stick around, it's just faster if it's on my own drive when I want it. (though admitedly it's sometimes easier to find on the web than in my office)

I've no illusions though; Joe will ruin evrything by adding more LEX file pkgs. Bless him for that!

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)