Cool visit
05-19-2014, 03:04 AM
Cool visit
I finally met Tony T. (naputony on eBay) yesterday for dinner in Kauai island. We visited again today. we chatted about HP calculators. We discovered that we both have a chemical engineering background. Tony refurbishes HP-41CV (the battery contacts) and HP-41C card readers. I truly enjoyed the visit the sharing of how we left our respective countries (me leaving Iraq and Tony leaving Vietnam). I came to Kauai mainly to meet Tony ... a decision that I am very glad that I made.

Namir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2014, 05:47 AM
RE: Cool visit
Very nice report. It would be great to see galleries of people's calculator-related travels.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
05-19-2014, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2014 09:36 PM by Namir.)
Tony's retelling of how he left Vietnam by boat and encountering three pirates was amazing. The first pirate took all the money the boat people had. The second pirate took their belongings. The third pirate took the boat's battery, rendering the boat paralyzed. Tony felt it was going to be the end for him, a cousin of his traveling with him, and all those on board. For some strange reason, the first pirate was watching. When the other two pirates left the area, the first pirate came back and towed Tony's boat near an Indonesian island!!

Namir
05-19-2014, 08:06 PM
(05-19-2014 07:10 PM)Namir Wrote:  ...the first pirate came back and towed Tony's boat near an Indonesian island!!

So heartwarming! :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)