New Prime crashing
08-21-2019, 05:43 PM
New Prime crashing
Hi All,

I have just purchased a new HP Prime and am trying it out. I have written a small program to generate a boolean truth table from an expression but I am getting inconsistent results. Assuming I am running the program repeatedly with the same input, sometimes it will not have any issues and run fine each time, sometimes it will run 2 or 3 times and then crash on the next run, sometimes it will crash every time I run the program.

Each time I use a different expression it seems to randomly select from one of the 3 described behaviours and then will keeping repeating the behaviour until I change the expression. The most common result is the intermittent crashing.

It's hard to write out without taking up a lot of vertical space but imagine that each line below is the function being typed in once and executed multiple (10+) times, with it being retyped after a crash.

e.g.
BTT("x+y+z") - works fine each time (each time I press the enter key in home screen)
BTT("x+y>z") - crashes on each run (crash reboot, retype, crash, reboot, etc.)
BTT("x+y+z") - will now crash intermittently (run two or three times, then crash, retype, etc.)
BTT("x+y>z") - will now work fine with no crashing at all
BTT("x+y+z") - will now crash on every run
etc.

My questions are:
  1. Is this a known issue that I can resolve? I have done some searching and have tried resetting the calculator with the various methods, including the CFO+reset, to no avail.
  2. I plan on using this calculator in university exams, I don't mind the crashing too much but is there a risk I will loose data on each reboot? So far it just seems to be a temporary setback.
  3. Could this be caused by my program? I have tried other built in functions but can't replicate the crashing. The program runs with no issues on the win 10 emulator and I wouldn't expect that I can program something that can cause a crash, but is that a possibility? Also given that sometimes the program runs fine I assume that this is not the issue.
The Help>About screen says:
Software Version: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16)
Hardware Version: D
CAS Version 1.4.9
Operating System V2.060.650
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2019, 08:26 PM
RE: New Prime crashing
No expert but would suggest you save your program to PC and upload as an attachment and some one is more likely to be able to assist you that way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)