Variable management
05-18-2014, 06:01 AM
Variable management
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to the way variables are managed, and how assessable these variables are for use amongst home, CAS, and various apps on the Prime and on the HP 39gii as well. Outstanding that the plot, for example, produces it's own easily assessable variables such as roots, extremums, signed areas for further use in the app and in home or CAS. Real pleasure to use. Well done!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2014, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2014 09:25 AM by Angus.)
RE: Variable management
I hope there will be a tweak on that. If you don't want to be struck to the apps and try to interchange Data between different parts of the calculator you soon encounter problems with typing, syntax and such.
It seems to be a controversal subject which comes up regularly. And I must say I am glad many people share my view.

It is indeed not a bad idea per se. I feel the way the calc is implemented right now promised the least effords for the development process. I.e. Home / cas as an approach to combine given Code with existing. It would require some additional will and passion I think.
05-18-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: Variable management
When in plot, finding area between 2 or more curves, would it be possible arrange for the go from template (in the signed area choice) to be set up to allow one to start at an intersection, and go to next intersection until area of interest was defined? As it is now, I have to save intersections beyond the first one into CAS variables and then reinsert those values when filling in the go to portion of the signed area option? (Or is this already possible, and I am missing out as to how)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)