Heating
05-17-2014, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2014 08:56 AM by Tugdual.)
Heating
Forgot to unplug the USB cable and my PC is delivering current even when switched off. So I found my Prime pretty hot much later. Are there any instructions that the Prime should be unplugged when loaded? Like phones stop loading battery when they reach the max load. Or is my Prime malfunctioning?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2014, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2014 07:39 PM by jebem.)
RE: Heating
My Prime was at 0% when it was plugged to the HP charger the other day.
I forgot it plugged for more than 24 hours. I do not recall high temperatures, not even warm, and the battery was fully charged.

Was yours close to a heat source like the computer itself?

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

05-17-2014, 07:55 PM
(05-17-2014 07:39 PM)jebem Wrote:  Was yours close to a heat source like the computer itself?
Hmmm good point Jebem. It was indeed on the computer but... it was powered off.
So no possible heat transfer there.
Is it heating during normal recharge?
05-17-2014, 11:29 PM
(05-17-2014 07:55 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  Is it heating during normal recharge?

Usually it gets a little warm (not hot), but I find this normal as the battery is recharging.
I acquire it in February and to be honest I don't use it that much. I believe that I have recharged it no more than 5 times since new.
Probably yours has many more hours of usage and more recharge cycles. I wonder if the battery is developing some sort of fault.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)