Need Help with graphing
07-24-2019, 09:34 AM
Need Help with graphing
Hi, IB Maths student.
look below, whenever I want to graph similar equations like that of below (large ones) , one equation just doesn't graph and tables font form, really annoying and don't know what I'm doing wrong. any help appreciated.

example equations are V1. Y= 1,200,000 X (1.025)^x (on Blue which doesnt appear) and on red V2 Y=1420 + 100x.

in attachment is the graph i get when i put them in

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: Need Help with graphing
Use Zoom -> Auto Scale

— Dirk Hartland
07-24-2019, 02:04 PM
You can configure your plot setup as needed (for example):
[attachment=7525]
07-24-2019, 09:52 PM
(07-24-2019 10:53 AM)Dirk.nl Wrote:  Use Zoom -> Auto Scale

I dont get an autoscale option (in the advanced graphing btw)
After i updated disappeaeed
07-24-2019, 09:54 PM
(07-24-2019 02:04 PM)DrD Wrote:  You can configure your plot setup as needed (for example):

I have tried but that one graph doesnt graph, why would my tabulated data in the Num section not appear
07-24-2019, 09:56 PM
For example when graphin Y= 1,200,000 + (1.025)^X

O get a blank graph. If any of you could try and see if it works for you or know how to get it to appear, ive made x 0 to look for intercept nothing, just not there.
07-24-2019, 10:19 PM
Using this Plot Setup, I get this graph:

[attachment=7526]
07-24-2019, 11:23 PM
Try this these settings:

-road
07-25-2019, 02:46 AM
whiile im at it how come i dont get a table with advanced graphing but do with f(x)
07-25-2019, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2019 05:57 AM by Tim Wessman.)
Advanced graphing is targeted at doing things you CANT graph with a traditional function grapher. For example, conics and inequalities with multiples X/Y values in the equation. Try graphing Sin(X)<=COS(Y) for fun. Smile Really, it should be called interval grapher, but that would make less sense and isn't "markety".

Auto scaling is only supported for a smaller set of specific functions and types of expressions due to the possible complexity there.

The Function app is targeted at what you are doing and has more specific capabilities for functions. Try that and it will work exactly like you are expecting. Autoscale, tables, and so on.

If you really want to see what the advanced grapher is capable of, press the Menu button while in the plot view of the advanced grapher and take a look at the "Plot Gallery".

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
07-25-2019, 09:45 AM
(07-25-2019 05:54 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Advanced graphing is targeted at doing things you CANT graph with a traditional function grapher. For example, conics and inequalities with multiples X/Y values in the equation. Try graphing Sin(X)<=COS(Y) for fun. Smile Really, it should be called interval grapher, but that would make less sense and isn't "markety".

Auto scaling is only supported for a smaller set of specific functions and types of expressions due to the possible complexity there.

The Function app is targeted at what you are doing and has more specific capabilities for functions. Try that and it will work exactly like you are expecting. Autoscale, tables, and so on.

If you really want to see what the advanced grapher is capable of, press the Menu button while in the plot view of the advanced grapher and take a look at the "Plot Gallery".

Ha that graph looks awesome, i love math. so for high school purposes i should probs stick to the functions. and so im guessing when graphing for derivatives i use the slope to see the gradient at desired point? Moreover, in help it says signed area finds area under desired points, so could that be used in integration. Facinating calculator.
07-25-2019, 07:42 PM
Since you are a student, I thought you might find some math-specific tips useful when trying to graph functions. While the HP Prime can do auto-scaling, it is always good to have an idea of what the "size" of your function(s) is. In your case, the first function has a value of approximately 1 million, whereas the second function is around 1 thousand when \( X = 0 \) for either function. Having a ball-park idea of how large the ranges of your functions are will give you a better idea of how to set your graphing window so that you can see some detail.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
07-26-2019, 05:39 PM
I guess you accidently unclicked the tickmark box in front of the equation, then the equation is still in the symbolic screen, but it will not be presented in the plot and numerical screens. The screendump you attached is to small to see this probable error.

Best of luck,
Pierre24
07-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Try the Function App, it has the Autoscale View. You can adjust the window from there by using Plot Setup ([Shift], [Plot]).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)