For Sale: Handmade 128K RAM card for 48SX/GX
07-09-2019, 08:31 PM
For Sale: Handmade 128K RAM card for 48SX/GX
Hi all,

As you may have seen in a previous thread, some time ago I needed a 128K RAM card for my 48GX, but after months of searching on TAS I could not find one at a "reasonable" price. So I decided to make my own using the schematics from hpcalc.org and that by member pdo (Paul). Since I received PCBs in a lot of ten, I ordered parts for same and assembled most of the cards. I now have more cards than I need for myself, so I thought I'd offer the extras to members who might like one for their own 48SX or GX. Here's a photo of the four I have to offer.

Each card has been tested in a 48 (merged and unmerged) and with a memory test program. They fit well in both slots of a 48SX and slot 1 of a 48GX. A bit of a wiggle is needed to get the card down and seated. Getting one into slot 2 of the GX requires a press from behind with a plastic ruler (or thumb) to get over the ledge that holds the sliding door open on regular cards. You can see a write-up of the details and check the schematics, BOM, assembly details, etc. at github

https://github.com/mafleming/HP48RamCard

If you're interested in one, send me a PM with shipping address and I'll provide PayPal details. I'll offer these for $30 with free First Class shipping in the U.S. The Post Office doesn't allow lithium batteries in mailed items, so you'll need to supply your own. The CR1225 from Renata goes for around seventy-five cents from Mouser (a lot more no doubt from Walgreens).

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2019, 12:52 AM
PM sent
I only need one and the price seems fair.
09-06-2019, 01:10 AM
RE: For Sale: Handmade 128K RAM card for 48SX/GX
Price is more than fair! Cool!
I've sent a DM..

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)