(48S/SX) K1QN Pocket Satellite Tracker
08-21-2019, 01:06 AM
(48S/SX) K1QN Pocket Satellite Tracker
An extract from hpsat.zip (ftp archives)

"To install this program, just copy file SAT into your HP-48S or HP-48SX. The constants I supplied are set up for my own station and operating habits, but they can be changed to suit your own needs …
The program described here is similar to the K1QN Pocket Satellite Tracker for the HP-42S, and all the mathematics for it are described in detail in the user notes for that version. It is an abbreviated version of the Project Spacetrack SGP model, described in the Aerospace Defense Command (USAF) Project Space Track Report Number 3. Both programs have two modes of operation. Here, they are realized in two different programs: RT1S is a Real Time tracker for 1 Satellite, and FTMS is a Future Time tracker for Multiple Satellites … The two HP-48 programs call subroutines which do the actual tracking, displaying, and printing …"

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2019, 01:29 AM
RE: (48S/SX) K1QN Pocket Satellite Tracker
(08-21-2019 01:06 AM)SlideRule Wrote:  [snip]
...It is an abbreviated version of the Project Spacetrack SGP model, described in the Aerospace Defense Command (USAF) Project Space Track Report Number 3...

...which of course most folks have a copy of laying around in the TV room. Thank heavens it's a handy reference and not an obscure title that's hard to find.

I guess the description reveals what a closed little world this was originally published for...

Another great find SlideRule! You really do have stuff stashed down deep. Smile

--Bob Prosperi
08-21-2019, 02:24 AM
RE: (48S/SX) K1QN Pocket Satellite Tracker
(08-21-2019 01:06 AM)SlideRule Wrote:  the K1QN Pocket Satellite Tracker for the HP-42S
I googled in desparation trying to turn this up. The HP-42 code would be an easy port.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)